Bontrager Privateer OR Frame

gil_m

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Due to non-paying ebay loser :?

A true classic with a modern touch, Pre-trek Bontrager OR Frame, Original geared frame, painted bright red with contrasting Green and White decal set and a disc brake mount, giving a lively but forgiving ride.

The frame is classed as a "Large" however from the measurements you might disagree, the frame has odd chips and wear marks and a slight mark from an over tightened front mech, but no rust issues, which can be a problem with older steel frames. The frame is designed for a 1" 80-63mm travel fork, depending on fork sag.

When I got the frame I had a local professional frame builder remove the canti studs and a disc brake mount added, giving the back end nice clean lines. He also added "crud guard" mounts to the underside of the downtube and the frame was re-painted red. If you wish to re-paint the frame I can supply a replacement set of decals if you wish.

Seat tube is 17" C to C or 19" C to Top, the Top tube is 22" C to C, 26" wheels disc specific frame

Will include Cane Creek S2 aheadset and Bontrager Seat clamp

First £100 plus carriage and its yours, really sorry to see it go, always was a little too small

Attachments

• For Sale 032b.jpg
    For Sale 032b.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,978
Hi, can i have pics of the disc mount. What size is the seat post? Cheers

The seatpost is 27.0, I've attached a photo of the disc mount, let me know if you need anything else

Attachments

• California May 2006 208.jpg
    California May 2006 208.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,910
nice. singlespeed with disc, I would have done the same - was keen on this myself, but coudn't do it after moving house. Also may have been a touch small.
For future ref, I am 6' with long legs - any guide to size needed?

thanks..

Back