MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":8fs5uj1y said:
Really :shock:

Midlothians got a thick blanket and we're not far apart Taz.

Not lying on the salted roads but everything else is white and fluffy.

I'm less than a mile from the sea, we always get away with it when it isn't a total downpour.

got some here, kids were sledging again, not ideal for moving boxes to the new house. I'm frightened to even open my shed, like an ice rink round there, that might wait till next weekend.

Nothing at sea level nor at my gaff which is approx 150ft above.

The hills on the other hand - are plastered :xmas-big-grin:

Fatal avalanche in Glencoe at the weekend as six folk got spat off Bidean :cry:

Hello

Evening guys
Not much up here either, bit of a dusting but not much lying on the ground. A little bit lying in Thurso tonight when I left work.
Still trying to get the Pugsley finished, seems everytime I get a bit of time lately something else pops up that needs to get sorted first :( I do realise that life could always be worse ;)
I was away the weekend before last as it was Heathers 40th birthday so I took her to Paris for a long weekend. Mother inlaw looked after Caleb so we could have 5 days away. I must admit its nice having a job where I get days off and holidays, let alone not working weekends. Might end up going soft as I haven't known that for well over 12 years :LOL:

Velo, I hear what your saying about having a fat tyre on the front and I thought about it myself for the 1X1. I might still do it if I dont have the Pugs ready. The only problem with using the Pugs specific fork is that its offset whereas you can buy a Pugs fork that is centred. Might be woth a try. Anyway here is a link to a blog entry that one of the Surly guys wrote when he put his moonlander fork on his 1X1.
http://surlybikes.com/blog/post/riding_ ... on_the_1x1

Just had someone on another forum wanting to buy my 1X1 tonight. I told him its cold but hell hasn't frozen over yet. ;)

I will be down near Glasgow this weekend and will have a bit of time on Sat afternoon or Sunday till early afternoon if anybody has a ride out locally? Just need to know so can sort whether to bring the van or car.
Jamie

could be up for a Bimble Jamie but will need to see how the boys football training pans out- cam usually plays sat morning and wife is working sunday- let me know if you get a firm time/local :D

Snow worse here this morning though most roads clear. Tough old commute on the cycle path though, 2-3 inches of soft sticky snow, fixie got me through but I'm knackered. Science Park Manager just sent a cheeky email "to those checking from home, the park and surounding roads are all clear, see you soon", in other words dont think you can skive off for snow :LOL:

Back