Lance Armstrong interview on tv

I thought it was interesting that he insisted that he was clean when he made his comeback yet the following year the team got busted ?

DA-EVO":1szn3n2n said:
. Millar has become more vocal in recent times, but remember that he has been sat quietly on a team of riders who have only just confessed to their past. I think that now his team has played their cards, we will see a more forthright Millar, well, lets hope so.

In all fairness to Garmin and Jonathan Vaughters (who has owned up about his own chequered past), as far as I know the riders under scrutiny on their team broke the rules whilst riding for....surprise, surprise....US Postal. Racing clean was one of the foundation stones of Vaughters's set-up, so I would be highly surprised if anything untoward went on during his tenure which Millar was unaware of; JV may well have been aware of past indiscretions by the likes of Zabriskie but willing to offer a fresh start and a second chance provided things were done in an honest manner, effectively the other side of the coin to the Sky approach of not putting out the welcome mat to dopers, full stop.

David

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3ovb2vmx said:
I think, at this point, LA has not implemented certain people who were involved so that when he innevitably ends up in court he has some 'bargaining chips'.

Speaking of court cases, the other thing we were discussing at work recently is that dissatisfied sponsors wanting their investment back could seriously take LA to the cleaners, especially if we're talking about organisations on the scale of Nike. He could be in for an even rougher ride still!

David

I feel angry towards the UCI and the media for letting LA et al get away with it. Why did only a handful of journalists say anything?

CTK":3ewjlj2k said:
I feel angry towards the UCI and the media for letting LA et al get away with it. Why did only a handful of journalists say anything?

Here's a good contrast. Four journo's.

John Wilcockson
Charles Pelkey
David Walsh
Rupert Guinness

The link between them? they shared a car for a few early L.A. TdF's. look at what they wrote / write and see how four companions differ quite vehemently on the same subject.

As for the UCI, I guess we will see how that goes, at the moment there are press releases that appear to lambast former whistleblowers, yet welcome corroborating testimony from the susperstars of the sport.

A friend just put this on Facebook. Her local library in Sydney

385223_10151186154046744_2059768985_n.jpg

CTK":wgkv6820 said:
Why did only a handful of journalists say anything?

Because there were only a handful who were prepared to brave the storm that Armstrong and his entourage of lawyers would rain down on them, especially as he had a history of winning those cases.

NeilM":5ppocjb0 said:
CTK":5ppocjb0 said:
Why did only a handful of journalists say anything?

Because there were only a handful who were prepared to brave the storm that Armstrong and his entourage of lawyers would rain down on them, especially as he had a history of winning those cases.

And of course it doesn't endear you to the editor and owner of the newspaper you work for if they are sued for a fortune. And a freelancer who can't get interviews with the top riders because he is persona non grata is a worthless journalist.

Back