ID Track Frame please

hi, i'm by no means a font of knowledge on these things, but the lugs are identical to those on my track frame which was built by Derrick 'Rick' Powell originally of Carlton Cycles. He later set up his own business building frames. Mine has Campag Track drop-outs and as far as I understand Rick re-built the rear end when the frame was restored so that is the primary difference. I've attached a few pics of lugs & BB so you can compare. Hope this helps you in your quest.

Attachments

• IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 392
Hi, yup, those lugs, specifically head tube are identical.

The seat tube is 26.2mm which means it may be a vitus 888 tubeset. Further digging and emailing has revealed it may well be a Bertin C56. This picture of a C56 (early 80's apparently) is the closest match I have yet seen to my seat cluster...

C56
bertin-c-56-blue-3_zps383b2fef.jpg

'Mine'
TrackBike005_zps790881b8.jpg

I have emailed Geoffrey butler regards the EO on the bottom bracket, hopefully I will get a reply. Might be just as easy to call them on Monday!

I've seen that <EO> marking on the b/bkt before , I think it's just the trade mark of the manufacturer of the actual b/bkt shell . I would really recommend taking the forks out , there's a good chance of a frame number on the steerer , I've even found little painted messages and faded labels .

I think EO is a maker's trade mark but can't remember whose. Definitely seen it before. The lugs are standard Prugnat, Haden etc. but without some sort of number it could be difficult to identify the builder. Is the yellow/gold on the rear dropouts the original colour?

Very nice! I hope you've still got the original wheels too. The bottom bracket looks like Veloce or similar lower end and looks to say 1.370 x 24 making it English threaded.

Mark.

Back