Fun in the snow

I had to have the seat too low and ride with my heels where the balls of your feet should be to stop me catching the wood. Odd riding position but the girls loved it......as did I :D

jskdog":3c5yponw said:
I had to have the seat too low and ride with my heels where the balls of your feet should be to stop me catching the wood. Odd riding position but the girls loved it......as did I :D

You could have had a tug line running from the back of the saddle to the centre of the piece of timber that you used (like a singletree) and then tuglines from each end to the toboggans. Then you'd have no foot clearance issues.

Andy R":1cf1eie1 said:
jskdog":1cf1eie1 said:

You could have had a tug line running from the back of the saddle to the centre of the piece of timber that you used (like a singletree) and then tuglines from each end to the toboggans. Then you'd have no foot clearance issues.

I did thinkt about doing that but if the line went slack and touched the rear wheel it would of pulled it round the wheel (managed to do that with this setup going round a corner!)

jskdog":30yv0x0f said:
Andy R":30yv0x0f said:
jskdog":30yv0x0f said:

I did thinkt about doing that but if the line went slack and touched the rear wheel it would of pulled it round the wheel (managed to do that with this setup going round a corner!)

Run the first single section of tugline through a piece of hosepipe or 15mm flexible water pipe? That would prevent wheel fouling issues.

Andy R":1pez95xg said:
jskdog":1pez95xg said:
Andy R":1pez95xg said:
jskdog":1pez95xg said:

Run the first single section of tugline through a piece of hosepipe or 15mm flexible water pipe? That would prevent wheel fouling issues.

That's a better idea, might give it a go if this snow doesn't melt today.

Back