formatting my comp

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
comp is running a little slow so thought i would format it. Not done it myself before so just wondering how i go about doing ir
Any help much appreciated

Did it come with a recovery disc? Or has it got a recovery partition? Either way back up pictures, documrnts, music, films and anyother imoortant stuff first. Tgen just insert disc or access partition and follow steps.

have you tried a crap cleaner to get rid of unwanted stuff followed by a defragment?........forgive me if i'm teaching granny here, but it will basically organise your hard drive and speed it up a bit.......

'crapcleaner' has a free download to remove unwanted stuff and there is a defragging thing with windows if you have microsoft on your pc.......if not then there is also a free download from 'defraggler'........i use the free ones with good results.... :D

feetabix":9hng1zlr said:
have you tried a crap cleaner to get rid of unwanted stuff followed by a defragment?........forgive me if i'm teaching granny here, but it will basically organise your hard drive and speed it up a bit.......

+1 to feetabix's suggestion - a disk defrag will do the machine a world of good. If you've never done the procedure before you may need to do it a few times in succession to get the full benefit. I think my laptop needed about 4 repeats before the performance picked up.

David

Back