1997 Marin Bob Cat Trail

marin, like some others were quick off the mark with 'next years' catalogue.

it would have been purchased oct/nov 1997 and the model would have continued through 1998. ;)

marc two tone":2wxmqkic said:

it would have been purchased oct/nov 1997 and the model would have continued through 1998. ;)

Think you could be right Marc, were you stood in the shop at the time :D , I remember it being decent weather at the time (late September) I had just been banned for dangerous driving, almost went down for that one, it was the reason for buying the Palisades to get to work :oops: :oops: . So I bet the bikes were the first batch in the shop of the 98 model ( still made in 97 )

I stand corrected then, now off to look at some catalog scans :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

marc two tone":2zuzn73q said:

Just been to see my Dad, He still has the receipt for the bobcat trail, and it was July 1997 ?

That's looking in great nick for a 97' bike :) 10K miles you say? I wonder how many other bikes ever get to the 10K mark? not that many I'd guess!

Is it mostly the original kit on it then?

Hi Jimo the kit is mostly original, I have changed the brake levers to Dia comp ( 2 quid from a bike jumble) avid v brakes, stx chain set, 9 speed rear cassette and deore rear mech, all the stuff replaced was alivio which i still have, however due to the mileage these parts are very worn apart from the brake leaver/shifters but they are big ugly alivio things, been for a ride down the Leeds to Liverpool canal today on the Marin and it was spot on apart from the centre ridge tyres, they don't get on with ice, not good clipped in next to a frozen canal :D

Back