Carbon 456 aka 'the dark destroyer' all built

very nice.

little bruv just bought me a black and red charge for xmas, but it didn't have the red stitching or plastic

So an hour or so fiddling today, and it's all built and ready to ride... :cool:

Carbon456001_zpsba0d0a6a.jpg

Carbon456002_zpsac52b992.jpg

Carbon456004_zpsf5f45bc4.jpg

Carbon456005_zpsfe4b6ca0.jpg

Carbon456006_zps380f6c06.jpg

Carbon456007_zpsaf9ebd38.jpg

Carbon456003_zps7c81da12.jpg

I opted for the xtr cranks in the end, and I think the colour suits the rest of the build nicely.. It feels really really considering its so big. Not weighed it yet but I reckon about 11kgs ish..

Verrry happy with the build, will look into a newer cassette in the future, but really that's about it. Might get a chance to ride it in the next day or two, but need to go mental with the heli tape before that happens.. :)

They're good looking bikes these carbon 456's, really nice.

Are you going to fit a chain device or just see how you get on without one?

ChrisBrown81":18ddt09g said:
Beautiful. Loving the thumb shifter, great little touch.

Cheers fella,

Gotta love a thumbie. Give me one of them over a modern shifter, any day. It'll happily run 9sp on friction, too.. :cool: would've preferred an old suntour one, but that's just because they're 25g lighter :oops:

Mindmap3":18ddt09g said:
They're good looking bikes these carbon 456's, really nice.

Are you going to fit a chain device or just see how you get on without one?

Thanks fella,

No plans to fit a chain device, just plenty of protection to that chainstay. Should I be thinking about one, then??

I was thinking more about dropped chains when riding over anything rough. You can get soe really light jobs that bolt on a bit like a front derailleur rather than a DH type thing.

I know the ones you mean - will they not hamper a front mech if I decide to add more speeds up front, at a later date?

GT-Steve":13a2yyjt said:
I know the ones you mean - will they not hamper a front mech if I decide to add more speeds up front, at a later date?

Yeah, it's one or the other. You'd need to take it off if you decided to run more than on front chainring.

Some people manage together away without a chain device, others seem to suffer from constant dropped chains. I guess it depends on you local terrain etc.

What diameter is the seat tube Steve? I have a third eye chainwatcher in 31.8mm that would do the job combined with a bash guard.

Latest posts

Back