TREK 8000

Nader

Senior Retro Guru
This is my new project, a TREK 8000 aluminum (91 or 92 :?)
Why this TREK? ..well the tube diameter is unusual extremely moderate. An aluminum frame in steel style, and that’s why I like it.

I'm going to paint it with a brush ... and my kids will help me! :shock: ...'m curious what comes out.

trek01.jpg

I've got one of these frames in the back of the man shed !

I know they're worth only a few sheckles at best, but you come up with random ideas, interested to see if you've a budding Picaso in the family . . . . .how old are the kids ?

There are two Picasos in the family 9 & 12 ;)

I was not brave to do this idea on a Yo Eddy, but I think on this trek are allowed to do it :D ...and I tell you this will be the best TREK ever! :LOL:

its a '91......the 8000 and 8500 shared the same frame with dx and xt respectively.....it had a black marbled effect with blue on black decals.....i had one and raced it all over the midlands for 2 years until it and me went under a lorry, i was the only survivor but it was a good bike that was light and rode well.....look forward to seing your efforts with it! :D

feetabix":3pheksr0 said:
its a '91......the 8000 and 8500 shared the same frame with dx and xt respectively.....it had a black marbled effect with blue on black decals.....i had one and raced it all over the midlands for 2 years until it and me went under a lorry, i was the only survivor but it was a good bike that was light and rode well.....look forward to seing your efforts with it! :D
Thanks for the infos. I think I'll go with dx parts although I have many remnants xt parts.

cheers :D

Nader":3g2quk33 said:
feetabix":3g2quk33 said:
Thanks for the infos. I think I'll go with dx parts although I have many remnants xt parts.

cheers :D

...i agree, the better looking groupset imo.....and functionally just as good* as xt if all is set up well......

*....except the thumshifters, xt are more robust and positive to use if you have a choice.... :D

dont forget you will need a front mech with a hinged cable mount as the inner cable bolts into the frame near the bb and the outer runs all the way to the mech

Chute55uk":otmy6h8i said:
dont forget you will need a front mech with a hinged cable mount as the inner cable bolts into the frame near the bb and the outer runs all the way to the mech
Thanks mate. :D I'm aware of, but I think i could do without.
This is another strange construction like Yeti Fro, I wonder why these frames came without stopper for fd cable and hanger for the rear canti :roll:
This Trek has another special feature, a very unusual dimensions for seat clamp! 33 mm :shock:

Back