Fat Bikes.

I love being able to go to see people down the beach rather than down the road. No cars there and very peaceful. Riding dunes is mint as well and you don't drift around like you do on a normal bike.

null-17.jpg

Huge footprint means you float over soft ground.....like here with my 4.7" tires and size 10 boot.

Lower pressure means the tire spreads out and finds grip where bikes with smaller tires would dig in.

E5FDB0C1-F6FA-4F7C-90B4-C182E98F56E3-79548-00000FD9EA0B3A18.jpg

I bought my moonie as a christmmas present to myself, to do so however I had to clear my last three retros.

That for me has been a mistake and when returning to the uk soon for a few months I will sell my moonie BUT with that money by another quality retro AND another quality fat bike

For me only, it was a mistake to put all my eggs in one basket but I absolutely agree with the other fatties that once you have ridden one it's an absolute hoot.

A comparison that suited me is that most of my motorcycling career has been power bikes, gixxa thou, zzr1400, blackbirds, hyabusa's tl1000s etc but the bike I had the biggest fun with and one I wanted to ride the most was a 125 scooter. purely because it reminded me of why 2 wheels was such fun

If you can afford one get one

FluffyChicken":2c903j0t said:
trebz, if salty is at Ravenscar then you will probably be able to test it our on Robin Hoods bay.

I'm there and there should be a couple more fatbikes too ;)

BertR00t":sgzqs1kz said:
I love being able to go to see people down the beach rather than down the road. No cars there and very peaceful. Riding dunes is mint as well and you don't drift around like you do on a normal bike.

null-17.jpg

Arrrr home sweet home I miss the sea air :cool:

Got one on the way. Hoping it'll be here in a couple of weeks :D

Latest posts

Back