The original amber wall tyres thread

Awesome! I'll be grabbing at least a couple of sets I reckon, they're all I ever ran BITD.

I wonder if we will see more repro stuff in general? Given so much was CNC machined or just similar to currently available stuff bar finish, it wouldn't be overly hard to make new Hyperlites or Ringle stems or what-have-you.

RAFbikes":3lz8n81o said:
I've got tons of NOS skin wall tyres in what I lovingly refer to as the tyre pile.

I've got a pair of wildgripers in each colour apart from the elusive cream
IRC Mythos and notos Panaracer magics and a pair of their very first MTB tyres can't remember what they're called diamond shape knobbly bits onza aggros and rails and some maxxis instincts possibly a few more.

I had the retro bike bug bad from the day I bought my first proper bike in the early 90's then about 6 years ago I set out to find all the bits I loved from the 90's to build my ultimate bike and along the way I bought every cool NOS part I found, I've now moved onto restoring and customising old VW's so I'm going to sell it all off to fund my sccoby powered camper so if you need any skin wall tyres give me a shout.

27072010076.jpg

Staf.

You have a new message. :D

Re: original amber wall tyres are becoming harder to find

I'm getting closer to getting some Panaracer Smoke's. There should be enough to go around.

Jon Smith":10zr2bdy said:
I'm getting closer to getting some Panaracer Smoke's. There should be enough to go around.

OOoooo interesting any more info??

They have given me a minimum order quantity and a lead time of just over 10 weeks.

I have just paid for a batch of 2.1 Smokes in amberwall. They should be with me by the end of May. I'll put a post in the For Sale section when they arrive.

Last set i sold were nos but used by me for 20 or so miles :? I think i sold them a couple of months for £46 +postage.

Back