1979 Carlton Professional restoration thread

I picked up the frame yesterday afternoon and put the decals on last night.

If you read my other thread on colour choice you might be surprised to see it blue. I originally went for a mid green, but after staring at it on the painter's website for hours over last weekend phoned them on Monday and changed it to metalic blue. :)

Love it!

The rebulit begins....

CIMG7747_zps6d54d1f2.jpg

CIMG7749_zpsf95d8036.jpg

CIMG7751_zps29837653.jpg

Vimes :cool:

Nice colour choice. I've always had a soft spot for Carlton's as one was the first proper bike I had. Every time we used to go past the factory when we visited my grandparents and my Dad always pointed it out and said 'that's where your bike came from son'.

Midlife":37nrzl0z said:
Nice colour :)

Why is there a fork decal on the head tube?

Shaun

I have the 531 decals on the forks and just thought the headtube needed something more colourful than just the Carlton badge. I have put the other one at the base of the seat tube! :D

It is a tan coloured Charge Spoon. And I am putting tan bar tap on as well. I thought I might have to go back to black when I changed the frame colour, but I have fitted the seat and it looks really good. :D

More photo's tomorrow!

It 's actually a powder-coat. LSN in Castleford did the job. I got them from the list on here! £40 to strip and powder-coat as long as you can drop it off to them. The colour is Candy Blue.

The decals are from eBay (Carlton) and Lloyds (Reynolds)

Glad everyone seems to like it. :D

Back