£2000.00 What retro bike?

It will be a rider - nothing too extreme but will be used as all bikes should.
I could go into my m8's bike shop and pay trade price for a new bike but they just don't interest me. Always drooled over Kleins as a young lad but would the money I have get me one?

I didn't mean to sound brash or flash when I ask what could I get for £2k as like I've said I have never looked to shop at the top end bikes. I paid £64 for my first retro bike a 91 pine mountain and drove upto Bolton to fetch it as I had one as a youngster and since then I've got the bug.
P

you could easy get a good Klein for that sort of money.

it's your dough, you might as well get something with it that YOU want.

edit: but be warned, you already know what the retrobike habit can be like, what's to say that in 6 months time you won't see something else that you like more than a Klein? I hope you have deep pockets... ;) :LOL:

DeKerf?
Nothing wrong with a Pine Mountain or Explosif. They are very good frames. I think anything above that is very much subject to the law of diminishing returns.

You can buy my Activator and I'll give you £1250 change :)

I have a Raleigh Activator one that could be for sale for £2k. It would be heart wrenching to sell her but needs must.

jimo746":fbvuj3p5 said:

it's your dough, you might as well get something with it that

So I could get a 92 Adroit in gator fade for £2k?

Kona lover":2s3yuk2n said:
jimo746":2s3yuk2n said:

Yes.

"Search" the MTB For Sale forum on here and you'll probably find a page full of Adroits that have sold on here, you may have to wait a around a while for a gator fade to come along in the right size for you though.

We_are_Stevo":30jdh1po said:
Have you ever ridden a Klein?

They may look nice but 'Be careful what you wish for...' springs to mind!

I thought mine was really good untill I rode a steel Rockhopper!

We_are_Stevo":dy8wkwuc said:
Have you ever ridden a Klein?

They may look nice but 'Be careful what you wish for...' springs to mind!

Well no I've never been lucky enough to ride one - only seen 1 in the flesh once. But I would have thought it would be lighter than my 90 muddy fox courier comp and harsher than the Zaskar.

Kona lover":3tavizho said:
jimo746":3tavizho said:

If you can find one buy it and enjoy it, its what youve always wanted youve worked for it so why not? your money your choice :cool:

Back