Where did all the Marins go?

shedobits

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Looking at gtRTSdh thread I was reminded of all those MT Visions I used to see at Polaris back in the day.
There were so many that MBR called them the Ford Mondeos of the trails and the few that come up for sale here have struggled to sell.
So where are they now? Let's see those pics and plans to resurect them. :)

'Tis a good point, you don't actually seem an old or new ones about these days. The Mount Vision was a pretty common sight once upon a time, both the single pivot and early quad link ones.

I had one of the early Mount Visions a long time ago... Z1's, full XTR M952, Maguras, Hope Big Uns etc. It was a pretty good bike but I sold it for a BMX which got nicked at uni.

A mate had one too, but it snapped and he got a DH FRS frame as a replacement.

See quite a few round here. Saying that, they're all the older ones as I can't remember ever seeing one of the current bikes out on the trails :?

There's 2 Marins being used in our family. Soon to be 3.
Built a 98 East Peak for my 12 yo daughter, a 99 Wolf Ridge for her 17 yo sister and have just bought a 98 Wildcat Trail to build up for my wife.
Both girls love their retro full suspension bikes.
Also have a spare Mount Vision (I think) frame as well, kindly donated by Robmac.

I read somewhere that Marin are in a bit of trouble? Always fancied one of their single pivot full sussers when I eventually go for some spring.

Back