• WP_000105.jpg
    WP_000105.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • optima.jpg
    optima.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,025
Rampage":1uu6tlb3 said:
johntomjoe":1uu6tlb3 said:
where have i been hiding :( nice to see another activator 2 ;)

still got mine and if you google activator 2 mine is second in list :roll:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167725

I remember that!
It was that thread that made me decide to build mine!
been hanging by its front wheel since last spring,still got the same pressure in the tyres ,just oon the lookout for lighter forks,its still boss of the fleet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Love the American, the Roberts and the Stumpy but would love to see the Raleigh win in a 'Rage Against The Machine beats Joe McEldery to the number 1 spot' type thing :D

i remember that! It was that thread that made me decide to build mine![/quote said:
Considering mine is only 3 kilo heavier than my mates kona, and the forks must weigh around 4 kilo,that must be a nicer ride with them forks on ;)

Maybe it's been too long since I've ridden a decent bike but I was very surprised by how it rode. It was a comfy ride with non of the disadvantages of suspension!
The forks are flexy enough to absorb bumps but the steering is more direct than normal forks. The slack head angle made up for the short a-c length.
I really think Mr Trimnell was onto something with those forks, if only they took a normal stem and bar they'd probably be a classic.

Dear friends of the bikes, they have the soul and the spirit of the 90's,

Here with I'll show you my daily used bike.

In 1995, Raleigh was changing the dropouts of the full titanium frames. Most of the old frame which was not sold came to germany were the ZEG assembled these now black powder coated frames with the full Shimano XTR 900 group set and sold this as a Raleigh USA Design Titanium XTR. The frame numbers was starting with different numbers:

T: this was the frames which was sold as Raleigh USA Tomac signature model without the rear brake train counter holder.
D: this was the 1994 Torus frames including a brake train counter holder.

Here you can see one with the framenumber starting with T, this is my every day used bike. In this case, I was changing the cantis to V-brakes, for having more of the brake power.

Best regards from mainhatten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back