Cannondale M700 (1992)

bigplinky

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Well I'll stick this up for my first topic (go easy on me)

Pick this up local from eBay for a great price from the original owner. The brakes had been changed to V's and the tyres were non original but that was about it. I serviced the whole bike and only the front cones had suffered with age so these were changed but the fun and games came when I went to put the canti's back on (the owner didn't have the original parts). I got some NOS DX brakes with little problem but really struggled to find the Cannondale Force 40 parts. I finally went for some Suntour Power Pivots as been the closest things I could find to original (never actually heard of them before this) but had to make up new pivot bushes to size the pivot bolt down to M5. The finishing touch was a lucky find of the tyres again off the bay for less than £20. Hope you like it, it takes me right back to the bikes I first lusted after in the late 80's / early 90's and as a bonus it rides great (still not used to the top shifters though)

Cheers

Andy

DSC00970_zpsfc905b5e.jpg

DSC00973_zpse8f2e309.jpg

DSC00971_zpsd8f7cf7e.jpg

DSC00974_zpsdbb37871.jpg

Congrats on that finding! Photos don´t do this paint scheme justice. In person this blue pearl hyper highlight with black is one of the most impressive paint jobs C´dale did produce in the early nineties. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comment :D euphras_1 I love the colour as well but difficult to capture on a cheap camera.

It's not as box fresh as it looks in the photo's, a few good storage chips out of the paint and it has been used as intended for a good part of it's life so bits of rust etc, but testiment to the quality of the Japan components of that era they all shined up perfect and work as intended with minimal slack.

thats lovely andy, a great way to start here........they build into good, light and responsive bikes......the pep forks look great too!.....like it.... :D

:D Lovely bike, I think mine was a similar colour before it was rawed. :cool:
And it does look like its just out the box! :D

Back