Colnago – because they are worth it?

American Friend":20uas0wr said:
http://classicrendezvous.com/Italy/marastoni.htm

many thanks,I know teh brand,I simply was sarcastic,or is there someone that really could compare Colnago to Marastoni?

In terms of comparing the quality of workmanship, it's probably too subjective to say, but I'm willing to believe that Marastoni made some great frames. There were also some great and virtually anonymous framebuilders working for Colnago, too back then.

American Friend":18m196m8 said:
In terms of comparing the quality of workmanship, it's probably too subjective to say, but I'm willing to believe that Marastoni made some great frames. There were also some great and virtually anonymous framebuilders working for Colnago, too back then.
i've seen one 70's Marastoni bike,but believe me nothing very special,same standard quality of a lot of other italian framebuilders.
and yes,the ability of Ernesto always was to work with very professional sub-contractors,like Rauler or Rossi,.e.g.
but the Colnago standard quality,geometries,experience dued to the feedbacks of best champions of the history of cycling,and with all the materials(steel,titanium,aluminum and carbon fiber,is something unatteinable for everyone.

You can't judge a framebuilder's work from one frame. Besides the bikes shown on Classic Rendez-Vous (the first one seems to be Citoyen du Monde's own bike), they also mention he made a Bianchi-branded bike for Coppi and several for Moser, one of which was apparently ridden to victory on the Giro. I'd never heard of him until Citoyen du Monde's posting here, but they look and sound pretty special. One thing's for sure: Citoyen du Monde has done a good job of bumping up their value. ;)

American Friend":2dwtixsv said:
You can't judge a framebuilder's work from one frame. Besides the bikes shown on Classic Rendez-Vous (the first one seems to be Citoyen du Monde's own bike), they also mention he made a Bianchi-branded bike for Coppi and several for Moser, one of which was apparently ridden to victory on the Giro. I'd never heard of him until Citoyen du Monde's posting here, but they look and sound pretty special. One thing's for sure: Citoyen du Monde has done a good job of bumping up their value. ;)

in Italy is plenty of Coppi framebuilders,but also of Moser,Pantani,Chiappucci etc.etc..........

I have a modern plastic colnago - great bike which does everything well.

Always hankered for a late 80's mid 90's colnago (when I was racing I couldn't afford one) and since looking at the quality of a few frames have decided to 'never meet your hero'....

Done loads of looking at 'contract' frame builders in Italy and ended up buying a vetta - lots of history and lovely detail - plus rare in this country.

I love italian 'stuff' especially 80's and 90's.... The Ferrari of hot hatches!

Colnago's are cool - no doubt - value.... Probably not best value but very easy to fall in love with :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 588
sante pollastri":3eeacia9 said:
American Friend":3eeacia9 said:

in Italy is plenty of Coppi framebuilders,but also of Moser,Pantani,Chiappucci etc.etc..........

No doubt you're right about that. Changing subject a bit here, but I wonder if you could add some more info about your gorgeous 1953 Bianchi on that other thread where you posted some photos. Where did you get that from, and do you know much about the bike's history?

Back