ID Track Frame please

Pitstone Pedaler

Retro Newbie
Hi, I bought my track bike bike complete for the princely sum of £20.00. Since then i have used the same bars and stem but changed the grouppo over to Miche Primato (C2004). The saddle is a 2005 Ltd swallow.

At time of purchase, the bike was equipped with Campag record Hubs; Rear being a Route Super Champion Competition, high flange (with 1969 National Track Championship scrutineers sticker), the front a Fiamme Red Label, low flange.

I do not have any idea of the BB beyond it being a Campagnolo version marked with Dims only. I guess ITA thread? The cranks are/were by Williams. The stem is a 1" quill with Cinelli alloy bars.

I am really keen to ID the frame though. I am about to restore it and would like to know who the frame builder was/is. It has a hole for a break boss at the rear (could have been drilled any time), but otherwise dimensionally is a track bike; 11" floor to BB etc.

Can anyone please help in ID'ing the frame or point me in the right direction from the photos below? There are no serial markings at all anywhere on the frame...

Thanks for reading

TrackBike001_zps71725ca0.jpg

[/img]
TrackBike004_zpse0878ca3.jpg

TrackBike005_zps790881b8.jpg

[/img]
TrackBike006_zps1848f613.jpg

TrackBike007_zps6a3e5d11.jpg

TrackBike008_zps62f439ef.jpg

[/img]
TrackBike009_zps19b4fcbc.jpg

TrackBike010_zps4138d65a.jpg

[/img]
TrackBike011_zpsfb2edcb2.jpg

TrackBike014_zps45f195d8.jpg

[/img]
TrackBike015_zpsce04460e.jpg

£20.00!!!??? You jammy devil! Looks a cracker especially with the fittings you've listed. Can't say who the builder was, could be anyone unless there's a number anywhere but it looks a competant build.

Old Ned":1l705a5g said:
£20.00!!!??? You jammy devil! Looks a cracker especially with the fittings you've listed. Can't say who the builder was, could be anyone unless there's a number anywhere but it looks a competant build.

It does have EO on the BB shell inside a diamond....

I have it on my Geoffrey Butler 1977/78, you can check it in my signature. I have it from original owner who had this bike built for him at Geoffrey Butler Croydon firstly for racing and after it was his training bike.
I was checking internet if there's any info about this <EO> but didn't have any results. Next time I'll be at GB I'll ask, maybe somebody will remember it.

And what about serial number? Do you have it? I have veeery faint sign of number on bb, opposite the diamond. I didn't check steerer tube, but when I'll be changing headset I'll check it, maybe there's something more readable.

I cant find any serial #. My guess is its buried in paint. Thanks for the GB heads up, I shall email these photos and see if they recognise them.

Hi Shaun, The main tube lugs are the same, the fork crown and bottom bracket shell are not. That said, it could easily be a Raleigh or Carlton. As said earlier, if the frame was made for a particular rider, it could made from whatever was in the workshop at the time. I fear i'll never know unless In just happen across another! or the original builder.

Back