Will World War 3 ever happen?

NeilM":213vq87s said:
sylus":213vq87s said:
3 won't happen, people will be too lazy to go to war as it will mean leaving their bedroom, laptop and facebook

^^^ This ^^^

Can you imagine what kind of conscripted army you would end up with :shock:

Nerds and geeks, still in their bedrooms hacking every known enemy online presence. Your country needs you, if you have hacking skills.

stewlewis":30zjww1r said:
Your country needs you, if you have hacking skills.

I'm sure a few ex-News International employees would be glad of the work. Oh, you mean that sort of hacking.... ;)

Actually, if WW3 was skewed towards the geekier end of the online spectrum, recruitment posters would probably feature a Lord Kitchener-style lolcat, captioned "Ur country can has u nao plz?".

All of the above is of course a silly idea. WW3 will invariably be won by Man U, with some jammy fluke goal right at the end of stoppage time.

David

I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan and India came to blows in the near future. The fact they have both stated if anything happens they wouldn't hesitate to use nuclear force is a worrying one.

I can't see anything realistically happening between the west and east (regardless of when we invade Iran...) as we need each other too much but India / Pakistan is it's own separate issue.

Tazio":1715v0wf said:
highlandsflyer":1715v0wf said:
I don't reckon there will be anything significant on a global scale in the future.

Or at least not something we currently recognise as warfare. A whole different ballgame I'd think.

It's sort of happening now, loads of small scale conflicts worldwide, it's quite likely that as things progress we'll see far more 'terrorist' incidents in various places. Nuclear detonations in europe ? Probably not, there is too much to lose, in more can we say fanatical countries ? Quite possibly.

Yes. If the human species gets enough time we will have much more than three world wars. We probably won't progress much on a moral level, only our tools will become better. The decisions we make are as right and wrong as always, we only execute them more efficiently. Technological progress has thus-far secured our existence, in the future it might seal our fate. :twisted:

B77":4nfdw1nx said:
Tazio":4nfdw1nx said:
highlandsflyer":4nfdw1nx said:
I don't reckon there will be anything significant on a global scale in the future.

Or at least not something we currently recognise as warfare. A whole different ballgame I'd think.

It's sort of happening now, loads of small scale conflicts worldwide, it's quite likely that as things progress we'll see far more 'terrorist' incidents in various places. Nuclear detonations in europe ? Probably not, there is too much to lose, in more can we say fanatical countries ? Quite possibly.

I wouldn't equate globalism/capitalism/etc. with what went on in the two big ones. Even the concurrent conflicts of the last sixty plus years, deaths in the hundreds of thousands, tragic as they are, are minor in relation.

WW3 will be online, a mass multiplayer game of C.O.D., those nations without a PC/console in every house will naturally be crushed :LOL:

to be serious though, I hope it doesn't all kick off, I reckon my life expectancy will diminish exponentially :shock:

Back