NOS 1985 SBDU Raleigh team pro super chrome.

Had a couple of offers on the bike / frame / parts. Three offers in fact for the frame.......how much do I really want this BMW m3 csl...... :?

I don't know how I missed this one before! that is one beautiful bike, very very nice, and while I'm all for using and riding old bikes, that is one that I would think twice about riding, it's so pristine!

I find it a little funny though - all those super lightweight parts and ti bits, on a fully chromed frame! surely the painted version would have been lighter? (although nowhere near as nice!)

foz":2qbmzpug said:
I don't know how I missed this one before! that is one beautiful bike, very very nice, and while I'm all for using and riding old bikes, that is one that I would think twice about riding, it's so pristine!

I find it a little funny though - all those super lightweight parts and ti bits, on a fully chromed frame! surely the painted version would have been lighter? (although nowhere near as nice!)

Hi and thanks! when comparing it to a painted bike the chrome (& I guess the copper(?) base) is absolutely microscopically thin, I wouldn't think there's much if any difference between chrome and paint. I've actually brought it in from the ice cold garage into the nice warm back bedroom though :LOL:

Re:

Stunning bike with amazing chromework for a bike this age !! Are the bearings correct for the Ti bottom bracket as thought they used the smaller 3/16" balls ?

Back