Starting to feel my age...

rody

BoTM Winner
Fifty degrees, sun shining in a bright blue sky, forcast for snow and 20 tomorrow...I gotta get out and ride.

The trail was in perfect condition and I felt as though I was in the groove. Bombing down the fastest part of the trail I let it go and spun out the gear...that's when it happened.

Isn't it funny that a split second before it all goes to hell you have this instictive thought, kinda like, "oh, this is gonna be bad".

Four lousy feet of mud and suddenly its sky, dirt, sky, dirt, sky, rocks. As I laid there for about ten minutes I reflected...

- It actually feels quite a bit cooler now that I'm no longer riding

- I didn't realize my arm would fit through that part of the wheel

- Maybe my wife did marry an idiot

Anyhoo, I sucked it up and rode the hour back out to the car and went to get fixed up. End result: 3 broken ribs, 1 chipped pelvis, and lots of scrapes and bruises.

Now one week later and I have more colors on my side than Crayola has crayons, my kids keep hugging me (OUCH) to make me feel better and my wife no longer calls me an idiot...she's upgraded me to stupid.

Wish my retro body would heal like it was NOS.

cheers,

rody

3 busted ribs :shock: . That's going to hurt.

Hope you get back on the bike soon. (Hope the bike was OK too ;) )

The only trouble is that you can not do anything for a broken rib , You just have to wait 3 , 4 weeks .

Broke one two years ago waterskiing , really hurts .

Get well soon guy-I am now in my fifth week of a 6-10 week recovery from a broken collarbone incurred in a MTB crash, and like a rib injury, there is no treatment other than time to let your body heal up.

Ouch!

Interesting though, that almost ESP like feeling of "Shit! This is gonna hurt!"

I ache at the best of times these days. Old injuries reminding me of past idiocies. As you get older the stacks certainly get more painful. You'd think we'd all see sense and slow down wouldn't ya? :roll:

Anyway, get well soon dude, and try not to laugh, it's not fun. ;)

Back