Carbon 456

It'd be rude not to!

I was surprised how much grip there was given that I'm still running dmr moto RTs. Expected them to be worse than they were, only a few 'moments' lol. Still think it may be time to find a slightly more aggressive tyre.

ChrisR":3n5kkfa0 said:
It'd be rude not to!

I was surprised how much grip there was given that I'm still running dmr moto RTs. Expected them to be worse than they were, only a few 'moments' lol. Still think it may be time to find a slightly more aggressive tyre.

That's me sold! Sod work...nature reserve down the road it is shortly, better than work any way.

How does it ride compared to the Orange?

Rides really nice. More supple than the orange over bumps and size wise fit is far better.

Certainly wouldn't change back!

I'm very envious.

Thanks to a rather useless online shop I'm still waiting for my headset and so have nothing but a glorified box of bits... :cry:

Sure it won't be long.

Back home now (early finish Friday) not quite so much fun on the way home where the nice grippy snow had been compacted into clumps of ice. Managed to stay upright though so a success in the grand scheme of things.

ChrisR":2t0sjxup said:
Sure it won't be long.

Back home now (early finish Friday) not quite so much fun on the way home where the nice grippy snow had been compacted into clumps of ice. Managed to stay upright though so a success in the grand scheme of things.

I've just been out on the Tazer...High Rollers really don't work in the snow! It was hilarious. I did end up walking a fair amount on the way back as the snow was getting deep and the frozen ruts underneath were proving interesting!

After much consideration and chatting through with a couple of people I'm going to go back to running 3x9.

Next consideration is do I swap out the middle ring too so thus 22,32,44 or do I got for 22,36,44 just changing the bash for an outer ring.

I think some people have had clearance issues with a 36t middle ring, but better off trying for yourself..

I'm running a 36t middle ring currently anyway (that's where it is from shimano with the bash in the outer position. It is tight but not an issue.

Thinking keeping the 36t middle may give me too much overlap between middle and outer so may just use the 32,44 combination.

Given up on the 3x9...

Went for a ride today with some new rubber fitted.

Continental mountain kings in 2.2 folding variety.

Hit the bash a couple of times so I think I'm just going to work on spinning the pedals a bit faster when required (mainly on my commute).

Back