Bicycle shop venture

gtRTSdh":9h4zcx7h said:
FluffyChicken":9h4zcx7h said:
Another one that works for getting the name out.
Logo your van, get a uniform and clothing with you brand easily visible on the front and back and wear it around the place in and outside the shop, picking up the kids, in tesco, the coffee shop etc.

This is a brilliant idea, you can get magnetic plates done cheaply for van sides

If you do this, don't drive like a twat.

It will be noticed, and remembered. ;)

Koupe":3cj50keh said:
suburbanreuben":3cj50keh said:
B77":3cj50keh said:
gavinda":3cj50keh said:
Hope you let them know before you left :D

They are in no doubt whatsoever of my thoughs on the matter.

Wankers
What's French for Wanker?

le masturbateur

Could have guessed that meself. :LOL:
What are the numbers? The French dictionary has 25,000 words; the English has half a million...
Something like that

Sorry, but I give you

G_734_4.jpg

And the French would not really use anything that corresponds to "w.ker" in the same context (as an insult).

"Connard" is probably the best bet, "con" deriving from the medieval term for the female genitalia.

The F word in French is -baiser
But there are other words that also mean this.One of the other words is -foutre
There is a Scottish saying that is said to kids when they fidget,we call it footering as in the parent saying to the kid-Stop footering about.(Stop Fu*king about?)
Given the French/Scottish connection i wonder if its likely to have come from there :?

Fingers crossed for you.
My friend Al started Garage Bikes in Morley after spending years not enjoying ordinary work.
Now, he loves it and is doing plenty of good work (search the net or FaceBook or my Maverick posts if you are interested and tell him I sent you;) ).
It was not easy for him, but he's still there and employing someone, providing coffee and sponsoring a rider as well as selling cool brands now.
He did LOADS of training, most recently FOX.
But he started small, in a wee garage out the back.
Good luck and keep positive.

good luck and if you pm me i can give you a wholesaler contact, EAT well and healthy sounds odd but i find that between repairs, bike hires and selling bits and bobs i very rarely eat well add the stress of running your own business you may end up with gastric reflux like i did but it's brilliant and you learn every day and good customer service wins.

Back