tour de france 2014

Hi all,

As my geography is incredibly poor, could anyone advise whether the race will be near either Newcastle or Nottingham as i have relations there. If it is not close to these places, which would be best to fly to to get close to the race?

Thanks all,

I want to get organised early for flights or boats!!!! Swim is just a little far for me!!

Newcastle is going to be the nearest place but still about 45min / 1 hr drive to to see any racing.

Brian.

Brian,

Thanks. I might ask my relations to move house soon - nearer to the route!!

Any suggestions about hotels etc very close to the route? I expect they will be too expensive for me but suggestions would be appreciated.

Richard

Lysander":1hc5qgwc said:
http://letour.yorkshire.com/the-route

Info and route maps.....

Quite surprised they didn't use the A57 for the run-in to Sheffield, with the Snake Pass as one final bit of uphill grovelling.

Lots of roads familiar to me there though, from training rides & club runs of days gone by! Steeton-Addingham, from memory, was a lot of hard work for what looks on the map like a short, insignificant stretch.

David

TGR":29xeaovq said:
Hi all,

As my geography is incredibly poor, could anyone advise whether the race will be near either Newcastle or Nottingham as i have relations there. If it is not close to these places, which would be best to fly to to get close to the race?

Thanks all,

I want to get organised early for flights or boats!!!! Swim is just a little far for me!!

Stage 2 finishes in Sheffield which is about an hour (or 40 miles) north of Nottingham.

It's either that or fly into Leeds / Bradford airport - I'm not sure if there's flights from Belfast though.

David B":30kc0ymh said:
Quite surprised they didn't use the A57 for the run-in to Sheffield, with the Snake Pass as one final bit of uphill grovelling.
its derbyshire matey. the yorkshire tourist body will have paid a lot to showcase our county to the world. Otherwise, yeah good route - over the moss to torside, glossop, snake. Grovelled myself in bonky dizziness a few times there myself

I think that the Strines, Worral, Grenoside and Wincobank hill will provide quite a bit of post Moss grovelling.

The route does dip into gods own county ( Derbyshire ) after Holme Moss. Isn't that why they've included the climb in the route ? :)

tour

They missed the best bit! Pateley Bridge to Grassington. Starts with a thousand foot climb over two miles and then gets hilly. Sad about that but its putting cycling on the map again and I will be one of the ones at the side of the road. No way am I going to miss that.We shall be there!!!

Back