Bicycle shop venture

Another one that works for getting the name out.
Logo your van, get a uniform and clothing with you brand easily visible on the front and back and wear it around the place in and outside the shop, picking up the kids, in tesco, the coffee shop etc.

FluffyChicken":3i1r09gw said:
Another one that works for getting the name out.
Logo your van, get a uniform and clothing with you brand easily visible on the front and back and wear it around the place in and outside the shop, picking up the kids, in tesco, the coffee shop etc.

This is a brilliant idea, you can get magnetic plates done cheaply for van sides

greenstiles":q0u37de7 said:
''Try and get close to CRC/Wiggle prices if needed''....snigger :D
Why laugh. Better to buy off them when they do deals or as needed if cheaper than your suppliers add a bit from their normal CRC price or wiggle who are a bit more expensive and gain customers and word of mouth base and experience than to do nowt and sell nowt. And I said as needed, try work out if they know of these online shops. Average Joe does not, only the bikers do.
You'll not be making money for a while anyway until the business gets larger and more popular.
Diversify as well if you're in a good location. Stock various cell batteries cheap of eBay, people might need them for toys and things. Get this known about. You masked nothing from them but gets people into the shop and the name known.
It all depends if you want to sit back and hope it happens or go out trying as hard as you can. Don't piss the youth off and stock trials/bmx if that is what theory are using, see if you can get work experience kids in when it is possible.
All just ideas of course.

Here's another one, never, when you have a client waiting who has been waiting for 10 minutes for you to finish one call, answer the phone and start a conversation which lasts for another 10 minutes. A client on the in front of you wantng to spend money is more important than a phone call asking about what bulbs are best in a Reanult Clio and are you going to the football tonight ?
The car sales I've just visited to enquire about a car has just lost a sale. Dickheads.

FluffyChicken":3t1xs5o7 said:
But I wanted to mention, find your local skyride people. Get with them, they are getting popular if our local main event and smaller publicity is anything to go by, then use that other advertising venture... Word of mouth. Oh and leaflet your area and get in with the community.

http://www.goskyride.com/

I lead for our area in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The start finish points are usually dictated by the local council as it's them who pay for BC/Sky to run the rides.

You can on the website under the Ride Together tab join social cycling and plan your own route. Get a group together and promote yourself with local riders who are just starting out.

That siad running a shop you may not have time to lead rides.

You could run simple maintenance evening classes too,
http://www.goskyride.com/Bike-Maintenance-Workshops

Not on behalf of Skyride but you do the same idea, teach the basics and the customers may come to you for parts and more trickier work.

Open a mechanics only.No bikes for sale and limited stock,mainly for replacement parts for customers bikes.
I know of a chap doing this and he is always packed out with work to be done.Repairs,safety checks,set up of mechs,bleeding brakes and the like.
Ive been in a few lbs shops near his and theyre dead as a doornail.

You will of course need the correct qualifications like gold or platinum standard Velotech,probably platinum as that involves building wheels,a skill which if you cant do then need to and quickly :?

Guy im talking about-
http://www.bicyclerepair.co.uk/

Back