kona project 2 forks 700c

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
project 2 forks 700c disc brake only 220 mm 1.1/8 steerer plus 700c wheels complete with disc and tyres and 8 speed casset. these came off a kona dew, and are surplus.
looking for £30 for the forks £30 for the wheels. they are nothing special but run straight and true with exception of one spoke being a little kinked but perfect for winter wheels if you run disc brakes.

wheels sold sorry

Attachments

• 700c wheels 004.JPG
    700c wheels 004.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,931
  • 700c wheels 003.JPG
    700c wheels 003.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,931
Not familiar with konas , But what type of tyres can the wheel take ?

29er , road or hybrid ?

Thanks

cchris2lou":2q309yhs said:
Not familiar with konas , But what type of tyres can the wheel take ?

29er , road or hybrid ?

Thanks
hi not 100% sure on the question ? im more into 26 mtb so not clued up on these wheels and type of tyres available for them, however i allways believed that 700c and 29er were a different size wheel so not compatible with each others tyers, the kona de delux that these came off is classed as an hybrid bike so would guess the wheels would be slightly wider than that of a full road race bike.
i guess someone a little more clued up on these matters will come along shortly with the correct answer to your question :oops:
thanks
mark

700c and 29er are the same diameter, although 29er mountain bike rims will usually be wider than road rims. If in doubt look for the ETRTO number - for a 26" mountain bike wheel the measurement will be 559. Somewhere on the tyre it will probably say something like 559x45; 622 is the ETRTO for road bike (700c) tyres.

In other words, if it's a 622 tyre you can fit it to road / cyclocross / 29er 700c rims. But the widths need to be roughly compatible. Balloon tyres will not fit on a Pro Tour bike...!

Pierre":1m6ut790 said:
700c and 29er are the same diameter, although 29er mountain bike rims will usually be wider than road rims. If in doubt look for the ETRTO number - for a 26" mountain bike wheel the measurement will be 559. Somewhere on the tyre it will probably say something like 559x45; 622 is the ETRTO for road bike (700c) tyres.

In other words, if it's a 622 tyre you can fit it to road / cyclocross / 29er 700c rims. But the widths need to be roughly compatible. Balloon tyres will not fit on a Pro Tour bike...!
ok cheers for that makes it a lttle more leyman terms for me :D
the tyres on the wheels are 37-622 so with wot your saying these are 700c road bike if i understand corect ? the full tyre size reads, ( 37-622 128x15/8x13/8 ) (700x35 HS307.) if those figures help with any other questions from people,
thanks again for the help
mark....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back