Raleigh USA Technium Peak (Baltic Bawbags Ride)

Who'd have thought a saddle would have caused so much anger!

Sorry guys but the saddle stays. I like the look of it and didn't want to go for the usual flite or turbo. I promise my next build will have a retro saddle.

Rob, There was a technium chill frameset for sale on ebay a few weeks back, think the guy only wanted £40 for it too :shock:. Almost bought it but rapidly running out of space at home.

Or what about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4398747817

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
DynaCol":7hkkek16 said:
Who'd have thought a saddle would have caused so much anger!

Sorry guys but the saddle stays. I like the look of it and didn't want to go for the usual flite or turbo. I promise my next build will have a retro saddle.

Rob, There was a technium chill frameset for sale on ebay a few weeks back, think the guy only wanted £40 for it too :shock:. Almost bought it but rapidly running out of space at home.

Or what about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4398747817

It's always when you stop looking that something comes up!

That red one is pretty low end to be honest.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Really nice ride mate!

On the Saddle, I had a Brooks Conquest ATB on my Technium Back in the days! Was retrofitted, but served me well.

Cheers
Dan

huhue":3lxx5lvg said:
Really nice ride mate!

Cheers, glad you like it.

Have managed to get a set of XT/Araya RM-395 Team wheels to complete the build. Just need a clean and polish before I fit them.

Will get some ride picture posted soon too.

Re: Raleigh USA Technium Peak (Finished + small update)

Ok, so have eventually got round to riding the bike!

I thought the MacRetro "Baltic Bawbags 2013" ride would be a fitting maiden voyage for the bike. Had planned on getting out sooner but work, man flu etc put the kibosh on that idea. So with little to no preparation I ventured out with the MacRetro guys in to the mist/snow/ice/cold for what turned out to be a fantastic day's riding. The bike rode superbly even after the top jockey wheel decided to run for the hills after a few miles and I was left to ride singlespeed for the majority of the day. I'm really a good bike mechanic, honest :roll:.
No damage to the frame, thank goodness, and I've got a spare mech I can use so it's all good.

Only took the one picture of the bike myself, but there are plenty more on the aftermath thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=242729

Cheers,

Col

Attachments

• Baltic Bawbags 2013.jpg
    Baltic Bawbags 2013.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 840
Re: Re:

wontchuckanut":12755u2b said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-91-RALEIGH-TECHNIUM-CHILL-USA-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-FRAME-FORKS-VERY-RARE-/201070265686?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item2ed0b8c556
I saw that one and briefly thought about buying it myself but decided one Technium is probably enough :LOL: . Hopefully someone will snap it up as its got all the key bits and looks in really good shape, would make an excellent addition to anyone's collection.

Re:

DynaCol":57eook1f said:
Ok folks it's finished (well almost). Still need to fully refurb the SPD's and may change the saddle when I can find a period one in decent condition. But other than that it's ready to go.

Full Spec:

Frame & Fork - 1992 Raleigh USA Technium Peak 19"
Stem - OEM alloy unbranded
Headset - Tioga avenger
Bars - Unbranded black alloy
Barends - Tioga Power Studs-6 (new)
Grips - Ritchey WCS foam
Seatpost - OEM Kalloy
Seattube Clamp - X-Lite Ti
Saddle - Bontrager Inform-R (new)
Groupset - Shimano XT (M730, M735, M734 etc)
Brake/Gear levers - XT M091 levers and XT M095 shifters
Pedals - Shimano PD M737
Wheels - Shimano DX Hubs, Mavic M232 Rims (from my 92 Dynatech Ogre)
Tyres - Re-issue Panaracer Smoke & Dart

Some pic's before it gets muddy.

Enjoy :D

I know this is an old thread... but I have one of these, purple also. Mine came with an xt headset. Had it since new

Back