And today I did......

kaiser":154yfta3 said:
Aye if you want a Yeti get a real/retro one. BTW I can honestly say I don't notice a sluggish acceleration, I don't feel like I need to wind it up or owt. I've never (and especially on a MacRetro ride) been left choking on the 26ers dust. They do carry speed and whilst some of this is inertia alot is the extra grip and the bridging effect of the bigger wheel (IMO).

If I had to pick a fault with the bigger wheels and it is kind of obvious really, would be the handling in the slow tight techy stuff, you notice the bigger wheel and it does feel a bit strange initially but as with all things you soon get used. Agree does not feel sluggish, not sure it feels faster either but grips and rolls a whole lot better and is a smoother ride. They are getting better looking but still far from beautiful IMHO.

Well, saw the sb66 tonight (but not the seller)and it's a medium and too small tbh. A lot of rub on the cranks as well, so more wear than I was expecting.

So hoping the seller will reconsider and sell the 29er as initially advertised. Its a wait and see.

Convinced to go 29er , well done chaps, sorry velo

BAA. :LOL:

Why is everybody apologising to me, my opinion is just that, mine. Its not a law carved in stone tablets by God. Ride what you like, I do and some of my steeds are truely strange :LOL:

And today I went climbing for the first time in about 15 years.

Just a couple of hours of indoor bouldering as it's bloody freezing but could feel the muscle pain starting but thought it would be fine.

Then I did the cycle home into a headwind, only a couple of miles but my thighs were screaming at me. Even the Jens Voigt "shut up legs" mantra failed miserably to stop the pain.

Had fun though :LOL:

old_coyote_pedaller":1n2of7mi said:
Tazio,

Was that Ratho you were at? Or Alien Rock?

It's a couple of years since I last climbed, miss the buzz I got doing it.

Alien Rock 2. It's their new(ish) place a couple of miles from the old place, it's basically just a big bouldering room with no roping. It tops out at about 20ft or so. Lots of different grades of route and good fun. Gets busy though as it's only a wee factory unit type place. Same relaxed vibe as the original though. Apparently Ratho is baltic just now (who'd have guessed) so people are avoiding it.

Alien Rock 2's in a back street down the bottom end of Leith Walk?
Was there once a looong time ago.

As for Ratho being baltic, I used to work at Hadrian's Wall in Falkirk so know how cold it can get inside. Not buildings that it would be feasible to heat.
A bit like the great outdoors really. ;)

Back