Tesco burgers...

The key word is sentient.

An unfertilised egg is not sentient, so yes there is a difference between a gorilla and an egg, at what point a fertilised egg becomes sentient is a a very difficult subject.

The Acidophilus bacteria in Activa and other live youghurts does not die when we ingest it. We are roughly 40% bacteria, it is absolutely everywhere, whether it is sentient or not is another matter.

Let me ask you Highland or indeed everyone....

Is there any intrinsic difference between eating a gorilla and a fish ? And how many minutes per pound for prime silverback roast ?

I've been enjoying these burgers for years as part of a nutritious balanced diet . . . . low in fat, but high in Shergar!

I cant say I am bothered about the horsemeat being in the burgers. I have had ostrich, crocodile, plenty of African game, they are all animals that are slaughtered. Is it because some people dont like the idea of eating horse or is it because eating horse is somehow wrong, but cow isnt?

Just curious, rather than trying to fan any flames.

B77":odopwuj6 said:

An unfertilised egg is not sentient, so yes there is a difference between a gorilla and an egg, at what point a fertilised egg becomes sentient is a a very difficult subject.

The Acidophilus bacteria in Activa and other live youghurts does not die when we ingest it. We are roughly 40% bacteria, it is absolutely everywhere, whether it is sentient or not is another matter.

Is there any intrinsic difference between eating a gorilla and a fish ? And how many minutes per pound for prime silverback roast ?

As a person that was brought up on a small holding, where my parents grew and had slaughtered cows, sheep, pigs and chickens; caught wild animals such as rabbits and pheasants and hung for days and weeks certain pieces of meat and game I should have a good understanding of meat and eating meat. Well, I can safely say I am a meat wuss, I can't cope with it raw and can only eat bland cuts and I'm soo squeamish I'ts unreal and I could not bring myself to eat cat or rabbit it's not that it's not meat it psychological. I can't eat beef joint either cus they have to be well done and that just makes it tough.

Alison

All I can say is if all those burgers just get dumped then that is such a waste of perfectly edible food.

B77":l5ktch4r said:

I have been a vegetarian for over half my years.

However, I would argue strongly a cod is a bambi short of a monkey.

B77":159w6nlt said:

You've pretty much answered your own question there :D

Apart from cooking times, it's just a cultural thing. It just depends on what's acceptable or available in any particular place.

B77":jjfagfk1 said:
And how many minutes per pound for prime silverback roast ?

Im guessing its likely to all be rather tough :? In that case it would probably be best chopped into pot sized pieces and boiled for several hours
I think it would be better shredded into a stock or soup.

Personally ive always fancied butchering a whale,the bigger the better :D but im finding it really difficult to find any vids on how you would go about.it(Professional interest ;) )

Back