Intense Tazer HT...now finished (pic heavy update on page 3)

ChrisBrown81":2bbu3dbn said:
At least you have something beautiful to hang on the wall now!!

That's what I'd like to do, but I don't think the boss will go for it! It's a real shame because I was pleased with the way it turned out.

I was looking at the 456 last night but I don't like the colour!

A BFE is top of the list, I also quite some of be Dialled Bikes frames. I'll just sour eBay and the classifieds and see what crops up.

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your frame, really bummed... But why don't you try to repair it? I'm sure there must be somebody who can do such work in a proper manner. Don't lose the faith!

Anyhow, good luck with your projects, whatever they may be!

Mx

Maxipedia":3i7kkscp said:
Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your frame, really bummed... But why don't you try to repair it? I'm sure there must be somebody who can do such work in a proper manner. Don't lose the faith!

Anyhow, good luck with your projects, whatever they may be!

Mx

I thought about it, but I've always been under the impression that aluminium doesn't reweld very well. It also starts to get quite expensive when you factor in the cost of the repair, powdercoating and new decals.

It's a shame, but I reckon I'll cut my losses and try and hang it on a wall somewhere!

I feel you, but I'd say that you have pretty good chances with a good elder. In the end, all renowned brands repair old frames of theirs, if you wish. On the other hand, a bike is meant to be ridden, to be alive, and less to hang to a wall, nevermind its heritage. That's a sad picture, if you ask me.

I will hang a Lobo and a works Super T to the wall, but only because they've been raced successfully from 1999 to 2011 and now they deserve their rest.

Mx

Maxipedia":26gy58jk said:
I feel you, but I'd say that you have pretty good chances with a good elder. In the end, all renowned brands repair old frames of theirs, if you wish. On the other hand, a bike is meant to be ridden, to be alive, and less to hang to a wall, nevermind its heritage. That's a sad picture, if you ask me.

I will hang a Lobo and a works Super T to the wall, but only because they've been raced successfully from 1999 to 2011 and now they deserve their rest.

Mx

I know what you mean, it does seem a shame to end up on the wall however I'm not sure that a repair will do the job. It's not really cost effective either when you look at how much a new frame would be.

I'll be keeping an eye for another Tazer though, but a later one with the gusset.

Back