91 stumpy......

Ha!.....welcome along men!......I found it on eBay about two years ago, fully original including tyres, grips and brake blocks......it was one of two bikes I have paid slightly over the odds to secure as I would have crawled naked over broken glass to own in 1991!......I totally love it too, it's really neutral to ride and the dd fork is in perfect proportion to the frame unlike some of the more spindly offerings of the time......it has seen action off road and also on skinny slicks with a road block on the back. I will keep the bits that it came with but I fancy throwing some upgraded bits at it that I have in the man cave.....a red flight, and ritchey post and bars......all period stuff but the sort of thing I would have done to it 22 years ago if I could......I will post up a few before and after shots if I get time this weekend......tbc! :D

Shit I had a pair of the stump jumper down tube decals, same as those, original, only just put one on my toolbox but have the other if it's any use to you, karma free of charge

Sharing the love since 1995 :D

:D ......sorry men, im a little late in getting back to you am i not?.......i didnt want to lose the feel of the bike so i went into the parts bin and decided what i might have done to it 20 years ago......first change was a flex stem, but it lifted the bars by an inch or two and dulled the front end responses a bit....they are great for dulling a stiff fork down a bit but i think spesh got the direct drive fork just right in terms of the trade off between tracking and flex, so i put the original stem back now......i swapped the oe bars for a set of ritchey forcelights, with more feel and a bit less weight, fitted a set of spesh dirt rodz bar ends too. they are great, with a nice feel when splaying your hand out over the whole unit........matching silver ritchey seat pin and a red flight.......i will get my dads fishing scales at the weekend to see what ive dropped in terms of weight, but it feels a little more lively to ride now, possibly two or three pounds lighter, whilst keeping the bikes carachter in tact.......still middle of the road in terms of its price in my collection, but punching well above its weight in the real world......i still love it!.... :D

Re: 91 stumpy......refreshed!......

:D ......Right then men......it's finally stopped raining and here is an up to date pic!......slicks to allow me to put in some road miles, and all the original bits are safely stored to put it back to its original spec should the mood take me.......the rest should be obvious!...... :D

interesting, I'm sure you're right, 22 years ago the changes you have made would have been upgrades.......now, just glad to hear that you have kept all the original bits!

any pictures as stock?

nice bike anyway!

Back