A quick road spin towards the end of January?

Iwasgoodonce":d7ufx9ua said:
Oh, just found this thread. I must have been a bit drunk. Still, I'm still up for it I think. Hopefully I'll be able to use the new bike if the rear wheel is sorted in time. Parking for a couple of cars in the road. I have got advance permission from the village hall caretaker to use the car park down there. It's literally just round the corner.

are we using the village hall car park to cycle around?

i'm up for it if you are...

daj":rucenmsr said:
I am deff out with bike no where near built and the ride i am hosting coming round rapid :shock:

You could use my Kowal. If necessary, I know I can do the ride on my fixed. I might have to change the 52 x 16 gear though.

Don't know about the car park. Parts of it are quite sloped.

Iwasgoodonce":3m6xej2m said:
daj":3m6xej2m said:
I am deff out with bike no where near built and the ride i am hosting coming round rapid :shock:

You could use my Kowal. If necessary, I know I can do the ride on my fixed. I might have to change the 52 x 16 gear though.

Don't know about the car park. Parts of it are quite sloped.

Cheers for the offer Mark I got road bikes but building a cross bike for the HONC ride I am hosting on the 3rd of Feb. Its going to be the last weekend before the ride and visiting Harry potter studios the day before the ride so be garage bound that weekend for sure :D

daj":18fv07yy said:

Come onnnnnnnnn Dave....we are stuffed without your navigation skills :)

There is a car park involved....

grumpycommuter":45z27axh said:
daj":45z27axh said:

watch it you!! I will burn your woolly hat !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

daj":3cs8l4sd said:
grumpycommuter":3cs8l4sd said:
daj":3cs8l4sd said:

watch it you!! I will burn your woolly hat !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oh cock :shock: i thought my head had been cold recently!

A few takers for this. Right, I am still good to go, (school viruses coming home aside) but the weather could be a problem. It is snowing here at the moment and it isn't supposed to rise above freezing all week! The ride I have in mind is the one in the attached image. It is just over 30 miles although we can probably extend it a bit. There is a highly regarded cafe on the route should we need thawing out a bit.

I shall need to pootle around at my normal rate I'm afraid. My knee has been really sore since the Cannock Christmas Tractor ride. It is a nice easy route without many turns.

I just suggest we keep an eye on the weather forecast!

Attachments

• DXF Out009.jpg
    DXF Out009.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 942
Iwasgoodonce":2dibpx1n said:
A few takers for this. Right, I am still good to go, (school viruses coming home aside) but the weather could be a problem. It is snowing here at the moment and it isn't supposed to rise above freezing all week! The ride I have in mind is the one in the attached image. It is just over 30 miles although we can probably extend it a bit. There is a highly regarded cafe on the route should we need thawing out a bit.

I shall need to pootle around at my normal rate I'm afraid. My knee has been really sore since the Cannock Christmas Tractor ride. It is a nice easy route without many turns.

I just suggest we keep an eye on the weather forecast!

Are we still good to go? I'm right in the middle of a 'child' induced cough/cold :( but should be ok for Saturday.

As long as you promise not to spread the virus! We have plenty of our own! I have discovered that the much celebrated cafe is closed on a Saturday. I think this is because it is very busy on Sunday. The whole ride only takes two hours and that's if you dawdle. I can arrange bacon butties here if required.

The weather looks like warming slightly over the weekend so we may have to cope with an icy thaw.

Back