Who's going to be next?

NAILTRAIL96":3oc3o62g said:
Next and argos have both posted good sales figures.
Homebase on the other hand.....

But aren't Argos pulling out now of having stores and going totally online. The high street is going to be a strange place, full of cafes, restaurants and hairdressers all the things you cannot get online.

Alison

A lot of these chains grew by out-branding and undercuttingany small independent local high street shops that have long been lost, seems the chains are now loosing out to the Internet shops.
I think high streets will soon be filled with Tesco locals, Greggs and Starbucks.

Easy_Rider":2ef9i1lp said:
A lot of these chains grew by out-branding and undercuttingany small independent local high street shops that have long been lost, seems the chains are now loosing out to the Internet shops.
I think high streets will soon be filled with Tesco locals, Greggs and Starbucks.

Or just running at a loss to kill competition, see Starbucks' claims.

drcarlos":12svu122 said:
NeilM":12svu122 said:
Item on the radio this morning said that there are 37 firms in immediate danger, some of which are well known names.

Natural market forces in play I guess, plus the huge growth of on line retailers, including some of the big names.
#

Told that there is about 140 on the overall danger list.

WHSmiths may well be on that list as they are very much outdated now, really not moved with the times at all.

Carl.

I don't know a lot about this, but can say that WH Smiths opened up a new shop in ascot a few months back. Right next door to an existing newsagents. :?

our firm in shutting down the workshop and moving it to leeds,2 of the guys got there letters today and are having a 1 to 1 with personnal manager next week,i got told off the director that my job is ok for at least the next 6 months,wow,that makes me feel great. :evil: :evil:

Back