development mtb trail clayton vale

I drive past every few days and have seen excavators and workmen standing around. I wondered if it was for the bike track.

Brilliant, I need to find these trails, I'm not a million miles away so this is great news! Heard about it recently via the cycling centre looking for a manager! Seen guys in there with night lights and stuff but I either go in a strange loop or dodge kids and motorbikes! :LOL: Must try harder...

i have been going on walking my dogs,but with work men working ect its been hard seening whats going on :?

was planing on going for spin on my evo after the jumble,no work men but did not happen,may have a go friday,if pos

hopeing to get my ass in gear this year and do more riding ;)

Ah wow! Just went round the park on my rigid DMR Rhythm SS, almost forgot about this, but when it opened up into berms and curves as far as the eye can see, magical. Brilliant. Fab, so happy.
Addictive fun, I was probably quite slow sessioning bits as i was with a walker, but I was giving it all my 34-16 could get me in bits great fun. None of it so far difficult but really good fun. Will have blast round it on the Trailstar and maybe the fixed gear or the 700c! :D

reanimation":23qjccat said:
Ah wow! Just went round the park on my rigid DMR Rhythm SS, almost forgot about this, but when it opened up into berms and curves as far as the eye can see, magical. Brilliant. Fab, so happy.
Addictive fun, I was probably quite slow sessioning bits as i was with a walker, but I was giving it all my 34-16 could get me in bits great fun. None of it so far difficult but really good fun. Will have blast round it on the Trailstar and maybe the fixed gear or the 700c! :D

Did you manage to find the other bit of the trail, you need to cross the river and head up the hill as you ascend up the hill it looks like they are putting a downhill run in to the left and when you get to the top there's another run back towards the start with a pump track and some more fast flowy bits, its all looking quite promising, myself and a few friends have been there the last couple of Sundays for a couple of cheeky runs round the track.

Regards

Liam

Hi Liam, Thinking about it yes, I think I did see it all, that side seems less developed at present, theres a steepish run in from the park boundary (fairly sure there was a guy with a crossbow there yesterday :-S ) and then a snake all way down the side of the walkway, and odd bits n pieces. Where we came out towards centre of the river, theres a really ugly looking steep downhill that used used to have bits of jumps on it, thats always been there that the kids sledge down, quite over grown, I've not yet gone down that if it's doable, be interesting if that gets a make over...

I had half an hour to spare on my way home from work so had a very quick spin around the trails. Really impressed so far, nice and flowing and excellent use of the landscape considering they don't have that much height to work with.

I spoke to one of the guys working there and he said that the official opening date is 3rd May. Looking forward to going back when it's all done.

reanimation":3htifq86 said:
Hi Liam, Thinking about it yes, I think I did see it all, that side seems less developed at present, theres a steepish run in from the park boundary (fairly sure there was a guy with a crossbow there yesterday :-S ) and then a snake all way down the side of the walkway, and odd bits n pieces. Where we came out towards centre of the river, theres a really ugly looking steep downhill that used used to have bits of jumps on it, thats always been there that the kids sledge down, quite over grown, I've not yet gone down that if it's doable, be interesting if that gets a make over...

It's certainly not do-able at the moment unless you are mental, but they have cut a fair bit of ground away as the original descent has been flattened and as you go up the hill to get to the top you can see plenty of the original orange clay which wasn't there the week before. They've also been building some more new trails along with some rock gardens that you may or may not have noticed. Think I'm going to leave it alone for a few weeks and probably go back at the end of the month to see what else has been done. It certainly all looks very promising, but my only problem is the berms need to be higher, as I can't get round fast enough at the moment. It's going to be good fun hooning around there on a Sunday morning.

Regards

Liam

Great info stu and liam :) I'm finding this mega inspiring, my riding when I grew up in Yorkshire was on my doorstop, not planning and plotting and driving to an epic ride etc, and can use any of the odd bikes on it too. ;) So to have moved to an area where theres amazing new stuff happening and trails, especially with ConDem cut backs, it's brilliat, a real blessing, great area for sport investment, I take me hat off to em all, and I don't even 'do' football, or velodroming yet!

Yep the berms are a little small I noticed that, worked nice on the Rhythm though, 24" wheels and 72 degree head. Might feel a bit small when I take my 700c Genesis on, or my proper MTB. I've been offered a trip to Gisburn so might be a few weeks before I go on again too, giz a shoult if you are heading out there. :)

705252_10151137417390706_1364299078_o.jpg

dunno if this pic will work but its just above this where the mental sledging section is just cant see it, I have another pic somewhere.

Back