Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

carlton dyna-tech":3ibede26 said:
......26mm Shim on my MT5 and the local bike shop never had any problem with it.

Bollocks!!! I assumed they'd take 26.4 post same as my older 2070 tubed Dynatechs :oops:

EDIT: Tredz saves the day - 26.0 shim is on it's way :D

ishaw":1in8kgzh said:
Anyone had any issues with the full ti dyna-tech frames and headsets. I finally managed to get a headset (kore) to fit the one i bought recently, but Chris kings, FSA, WTB and a Tiso headsets were a little loose I.e. could be fitted by hand.

I'm just wondering if this is a 'feature' of the frame, or wear and tear/signs of something more sinister?

Yup same thing with my 92 Ogre (MT4). There isn't any play between the cups and the frame but as you say you can simply push them in to the headtube by hand. There doesn't appear to be any damage to my frame and have fitted a couple of headsets the same way so I wasn't overly concerned. Possibly worth keeping an eye on it though, and I wouldn't recommend any Danny MacAskill type stunts. :)

yep in the process of adding some stuff form parents loft, first scan of the 93 SP cat were not good enough so I am re-doing it. Just need to find the time, I'll see if I can do it today.

93 off road cat is loaded.

In 1995, Raleigh was changing the dropouts of the full titanium frames. Most of the old frame which was not sold came to germany were the ZEG assembled these now black powder coated frames with the full Shimano XTR 900 group set ad sold this as a Raleigh USA Design Titanium XTR. The frame numbers was starting with different numbers:

T: this was the frames which was sold as Raleigh USA Tomac signature model without the rear brake train counter holder.
D: this was the 1994 Torus frames including a brake train counter holder.

Here you can see one with the framenumber starting with T, this is my every day used bike for having more of the brake power, I was changing the cantis to v-brakes.

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this frame?
Thats not its original paint job although it was always black but the top and down tubes were a bare metal finish that blended into the black paint towards the ends...
Im thinking its a 94 Diablo possibly???
CIMG2882.jpg

Back