Will this CX frame be too big

Jakob

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm very tempted to buy this Indy fab Planet X:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-fab ... 1054536395?

Problem is that my roadbike is 60 cm, I'm 6'3" myself and the seller 6'4".
Should I forget all about it? The seller is being very honest telling me it will be to big...

Your thoughts?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I saw this too but the 624mm top tube is at least 35mm longer than I'd ride for cyclocross bike, possibly more. For what it's worth, I'm 6'2" but tend to ride large for my height.

They have recommended a 120 stem for this frame. Could maybe work with a 110 for me. I think it's a pretty good deal.

Blimey, that's a fair reach!

I can't remember the top tube on mine for sure, think 585mm with the stem 100, perhaps 110. From the headtube alone it looks a taller frame than the one on eBay. As pictured, it fits me very well and I usually ride a 64cm road frame.

Attachments

• IF Planet X 3 Peaks.jpg
    IF Planet X 3 Peaks.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 257
willhouse":3ow1w1lz said:
59cm Salsa La Cruz on ebay at the moment I think. Anygood?

I'm really interested in buying a IF frame. The Salsa frame is disc only and I can't afford new wheels and brakes too...but thanks anyway :roll:

ededwards":3gjoajvz said:

I can't remember the top tube on mine for sure, think 585mm with the stem 100, perhaps 110. From the headtube alone it looks a taller frame than the one on eBay. As pictured, it fits me very well and I usually ride a 64cm road frame.

Turns out my inseam is longer than the sellers. Interesting ;)

Jakob":3k672jee said:
ededwards":3k672jee said:

Turns out my inseam is longer than the sellers. Interesting ;)

Happens...

I'm a keen archer and 6'2" - there is a guy in my club who is taller than me, but shoots shorter arrows.

Short legs (proportionally) and long torso/arms...

Back