Urban RetroBike #2 - Saturday 19th January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: me too

secret_squirrel":2x6ocjwn said:
Suspect you'll find its more like a set of pushers giving you your first retro fix.
Thanks Secret Squirrel - I'm already worried. There are so many really good deals on eBay for things that surely I'll need someday!

Pyro Tim":2x6ocjwn said:
you'll be welcome Buster. :D

What will you be riding on?

Thanks Pyro Tim - I will most likely be riding a '97 Marin Pine Mountain. Bought in poor condition after a few years neglected in someone's garden. Not yet pretty or pristine - but operational. I have only have one other choice - which is too young at a mere ~7 years of age.

I was really looking forward to this being my first ride on my new bike, but the powder coaters haven't finished my frame yet. Cheers for the offer of a spare bike, but not able to make the whole journey or the return leg so will be a no from me this time.
I will be keeping an eye out for the next Urban/London ride dates to be posted.

Cold conditions

I had to go over to Forest Hill this afternoon, my first ride in 3 weeks+, I will need to put a few more rides in before Saturday to be race ready!

On the return I scoped out part of the route in the reverse direction, mud shouldn't be a problem, the puddles were all icing over!

The forecast for Saturday morning is snow showers, so dress warmly (Whatleymeister put some god damn pants on!) but at least we shouldn't get wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back