Recommend me some nice warm gloves

I've been using Extremities Windy gloves for getting on for twenty years. I'm on my third pair now, having worn out the first and lost the second. They're Gore Windstopper fleece, which I find quite warm even when wet. In really cold and nasty conditions I wear waterproof mittens over the top. There are similar gloves from a few manufacturers, but I like the way the Extremities fit.

There's a very good deal on just now at outdoorgear.co.uk:

http://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/Extremitie ... 440001.asp

I dropped into TredZ in Swansea earlier, typically what they have on the web site and what they have on the wall are two different things and at two different prices. :shock:

I did manage to try the Sealskinz range and a couple of other pairs, so I now know my size is XL, or XXL. The thickest Sealskinz were really warm, but I think I'd fumble a bit with the STI shifters. The less thick version they did not have in my size.

I'm up in Gloucestershire tomorrow, so I'll do a bit of googling to see what shops are about.

Player, I'll drop you a PM.

NeilM":2x4uouzs said:
I don't mind riding in the cold or the wet, but I don't like being either cold or wet.

I have a ton off offroad gear accumulated over many years, and since I've taken up this retro road riding malarky I have added various bits of kit.

All of this clothing helps to keep me both warm and dry, but with this cold snap we are 'enjoying' (well, at least it's dry), I don't seem to have the right gloves.

I have some pretty ancient Thinsulate gloves, which do a fair job, but are not very wind proof, and I also have some neoprene gloves, which are completely windproof, but I find it difficult to keep my fingers warm in them.

So; please offer your recommendations for some nice warm, windproof long finger gloves.

get yourself a couple of these...not too portable but extra toasty :)

dairy10.jpg

I have enough trouble pedalling up hills as it is, adding a cow and a vet will definitely make me toasty, but you can probably throw in a heart attack too.

As for riding a bike with my arms up two cows ar$es, how I am I supposed to change gear?

I went cycling with a non cycling friend using a spare bike
He turned up without any gloves and it was January and the air temp was about -3c .The only spares i had were short fingered so he set off in those and a pair of woolly socks over the top.
The trip was Glasgow to Bowling[on the Clyde]A total distance of 32miles for the round trip.

For some reason i dont think the big chap had a fun day out :LOL: :LOL:

NeilM":3ccue0z5 said:
I have enough trouble pedalling up hills as it is, adding a cow and a vet will definitely make me toasty, but you can probably throw in a heart attack too.

As for riding a bike with my arms up two cows ar$es, how I am I supposed to change gear?

single speed?

grumpycommuter":12c32dy6 said:
single speed?

Ahh yes, I never thought of that.

Still a bit of an issue with steering though, what with the cow being heavier than the vet.

Latest posts

Back