The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrM":ow826uj1 said:
Dossa":ow826uj1 said:
MrM":ow826uj1 said:
Thank you Brocklanders023.

Cheers.

If you want to sell the forks separately, drop me a PM please mate!

I've got a black set of F7s on mine but would prefer the nickel.

Cheers,

Matty :D

Hi Dossa, will have a think on this, but wary of being stuck with frame.

Of course, no worries mate... :D

Although the majority of P7 owners immediately put Pace RC35/36 on them straight away, so often the F7 is redundant anyway - it shouldn't stop the frame from selling: I bought mine with no forks for example!! :D

So, how much would you guys say my Klein Mantra Race is worth? 1996 size medium. Front hub is White Industries Ti. The rest is XTR M950. Klein Stratum 185 handlebar, syncros stem and headset, Thomson elite post, Flite saddle, Judy SL fork, Fox Alps 5R shock. Ritchey Comp pedals (not in pic). Rims have no labels, so I have no idea what they are, but probably not too bad if on par with the rest of the components. Original Klein cloth bag with warranty info and some instrucion booklets included.

Bike is in good condition, but not immaculate. Some foot rub on the rear swing and cranks. There is a little bit of play in the fork (worn bushings), and I'm not sure about the function of the fork adjustments either, so the fork is definitely not mint condition. It's a nice bike, but I just can't get used to the suspension design going down hills, stink bugging you know.
p4pb6392690.jpg

Adamhellstrom":27nw2tks said:
So, how much would you guys say my Klein Mantra Race is worth? 1996 size medium. Front hub is White Industries Ti. The rest is XTR M950. Klein Stratum 185 handlebar, syncros stem and headset, Thomson elite post, Flite saddle, Judy SL fork, Fox Alps 5R shock.
£400+ but better selling the parts individually for ~£300 and frame for ~£200

How much is a set of very minty judy fsx forks worth? I'm not put to profiteer (I saw the set on eBay sell at £411), but have no idea of their worth and have a potential buyer, but no real idea on price.

Externally they are in almost as new condition with barely ant markings to speak of. Bushings are free of play and they are currently set up with what were nos 80 miles ago Englund air cartridge internals.

I could revert them back to elastomers or springs so after a fair price on each configuration.

Oh, as many bolts as I could manage have also been replaced with the judy sl ti ones.

Thanks

Couple of parts I could do with a price for as I've sold rougher versions of all but not ones in the same condition as these.

No pics yet but all these parts are hardly used and in very good to mint condition.

1990 Shimano DX STI/lever combo.

1990 Shimano DX none Lo-Pro Canti's with original blocks.

Wheel set, Araya RM20 rims on DX hubs with no name but decent amber walled tyres. Whole wheel set is almost perfect with virtually no wear to the rims and the hubs as smooth as new.

:?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Klein bespoke build.

Hi all, hope you're OK!

Back in the day, I spent thousands on my dream ride. I bought all the very best components individually, then ran out of money :cry: . I sold my Cook Bros. crank to my bro, but before I could sell anything else I landed a big money job, so I bought another Cooks crank and finished the build, although it was '97 by this time and the parts were early to mid 90's. My actual dream was an American Comp Lite frame, but after taking a Klein for a test from sShokwave in Notts, I paid the £900 for the Attitude frame in sea/sky. Anyways, a bit off topic, I' ll get back to the spec and what you guys think it's worth. The frame is like brand new and all the parts are absolutely mint, maybe from lack of use :oops: .
97 Klein Attitude Race- sea/sky
Pace RC36 Pro Class
Chris King headset
Ibis billet titanium stem
Merlin titanium bars
Odi Tomac Attack grips
XT thumbies
Mountain Goat Granola bar ends
DiaCompe SS5 rear brake lever
Paul Love Lever front brake lever
Machine Tech front brake
Mavic SUP 117 cd front rim on Pace carbon hub/fibre flight carbon spokes
Cook Bros. CBR crank with Pace chain rings
Rohloff chain
Hope titanium BB
XTR sintered titanium cassette
SRAM front mech
SRAM Dirt Plasma rear mech
Easton carbon seat pin
Selle Italia Flite evolution titanium/carbon saddle
Panaracer Spike tyres
Dmr flat pedals
Ringle front skewer
Zero rear skewer
IRD Switchback rear brake
HED carbon rear wheel on Ringle hub/DT flat bladed spokes
Ringle bottle cage

I think that's all the bits on the bike........then there's all the spares I have, but we won't go there yet ;)

So, what's the verdict guys?

Re: Klein bespoke build.

Hotwheels.":3qnr6rlz said:
Hi all, hope you're OK!

Back in the day, I spent thousands on my dream ride. I bought all the very best components individually, then ran out of money :cry: . I sold my Cook Bros. crank to my bro, but before I could sell anything else I landed a big money job, so I bought another Cooks crank and finished the build, although it was '97 by this time and the parts were early to mid 90's. My actual dream was an American Comp Lite frame, but after taking a Klein for a test from sShokwave in Notts, I paid the £900 for the Attitude frame in sea/sky. Anyways, a bit off topic, I' ll get back to the spec and what you guys think it's worth. The frame is like brand new and all the parts are absolutely mint, maybe from lack of use :oops: .
97 Klein Attitude Race- sea/sky
Pace RC36 Pro Class £90-140
Chris King headset £50-60
Ibis billet titanium stem
Merlin titanium bars
Odi Tomac Attack grips
XT thumbies £30-40
Mountain Goat Granola bar ends
DiaCompe SS5 rear brake lever
Paul Love Lever front brake lever
Machine Tech front brake
Mavic SUP 117 cd front rim on Pace carbon hub/fibre flight carbon spokes
Cook Bros. CBR crank with Pace chain rings
Rohloff chain
Hope titanium BB £30
XTR sintered titanium cassette M950? £30
SRAM front mech
SRAM Dirt Plasma rear mech
Easton carbon seat pin
Selle Italia Flite evolution titanium/carbon saddle £50-80
Panaracer Spike tyres
Dmr flat pedals
Ringle front skewer
Zero rear skewer
IRD Switchback rear brake
HED carbon rear wheel on Ringle hub/DT flat bladed spokes
Ringle bottle cage £20

I think that's all the bits on the bike........then there's all the spares I have, but we won't go there yet ;)

So, what's the verdict guys?

****!

A lot.

Does the frame have a removable seatclamp? The 'true' Kleins (before Trek bought them) go for far more than the newer ones.

I've filled in what I know, hope that helps. The other stuff isn't quite so common so I don't really know about it. You'll probably get loads of messages from people wanting to buy it!

lrh":1swkhfzy said:
Adamhellstrom":1swkhfzy said:
So, how much would you guys say my Klein Mantra Race is worth? 1996 size medium. Front hub is White Industries Ti. The rest is XTR M950. Klein Stratum 185 handlebar, syncros stem and headset, Thomson elite post, Flite saddle, Judy SL fork, Fox Alps 5R shock.
£400+ but better selling the parts individually for ~£300 and frame for ~£200

Thank you lrh:) I'll probably end up selling either the complete bike, or frame, seatpost, rear shock and maybe fork but keeping all the XTR stuff and the front wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back