1994 S-Works M2 FSX * finished p5 *

stoppi_71":9c9aug99 said:
Is this a completly different frame-type or just a smaller one?

Stoppi - a little more info for you.

The one you posted a pic of [Ameybrook's old Ned replica] is indeed a '92 as Bart has pointed out, and a different [smaller] size.

I am not sure in reality whether the frames 'genuinely' differed as much as the 2-3 year gap between them might suggest.

The minor differences between the different frames are:

• Seat clamp collars [the '94 ones are 'ribbed', in common with all the S-Works frames of '94 and '95].

• Non-replaceble drop-outs on the '92

• I 'think' that on later frames the gusset extended further down the down tube - not sure if that made production though...?

The major difference of course is the frame number...

The Ned replica above is of course one of the 'fabled 500', and pretty much the holy grail of M2 frames [imho].

Cheers,
BB.

P.S. Bart never bloody sells anything. I've already pestered him about this frame and his 1989 Epic - but he just ignores me. Very unfair I say...

Hi BB!

Thank's for your detailed informations. What I like most is the slooping toptube of the 92-model.

When I look at the front tube, the older S-Work doesn't seem to be so much smaller than Bart's frame. But every s-work I've seen so far has the same non-slooping geometry. Therefore I asked, whether there is a difference geometry. I don't think that it's just because of the smaller size.

The stumpjumper pro (sold to Bart) and my pictured stumpjumper, both from 1992 (so the same year as ned's s-works), look like Bart's frame with the horizontal top tube.

Maybe you could say something more about the geometry. Thank's for your efforts and I hope Bart isn't upset because of my photo :roll:

Attachments

• Stumpjumper_01.jpg
    Stumpjumper_01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 571
Component choices

When you look at some of the old catalogues and books for BITD, we tend to forget how many of the top end marques had mix and match parts from differing sources. Very few, actually had matching "groups".
Many of the top end frames, were "frame set only" sales too (unlike today) with buyers making the choice of components.

One of the last 2 parts has arrived!

2013-01-29%252018.44.24.jpg

passiflora":mow7iqom said:
Very nice Bart.

should go nice with the Specialized colours

Thought so too!

Just waiting for some UmmaGumma tires from the US. I will have 3 pair when they arrive.. :oops:
I will choose the best two for this build! :p

Re: 1994 S-Works M2 FSX

Looking forward to see how those grips look once fitted. Need some grey grips and have though of using these. Good work, if you have any spare Ummas I'm after one to make up a pair.

Latest posts

Back