Gunnar Ruffian

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just bought this from STW for £57. Some bubbles of rust under the BB nowt serious by the looks of it- I've has a scrape round and it looks like just surface rust.

Thinking of getting dipped in an anti rust solution rather than just blasted and powdered. Anyone had this done?

I'm thinking of an early saracenesque purple though the minty green under the white looks nice too.

A parts bin build. RST XMO, STX and other non glamouous, unsellable gubbins :cool: I'm trying to find a Magura for the back.

IMG_0163_zps34e3e711.jpg

IMG_0165_zps0f239e8b.jpg

IMG_0166_zps67b5153f.jpg

I'm glad someone on here got this. A little longer in the TT and I would have had it*

How about a big bmx type build?

Rigid forks, single brake, DMR Motos or such like?

Look forward to updates :cool:

*I even started on decals ........

letmetalktomark":2nt4sf9y said:
I'm glad someone on here got this. A little longer in the TT and I would have had it*

How about a big bmx type build?

Rigid forks, single brake, DMR Motos or such like?

Look forward to updates :cool:

*I even started on decals ........

Oi its my build you've got plenty of your own! :LOL:

I am attracted in theory to a big BMX build but my parts bin -and my riding style/ability if truth be told- leads me to a more softcore MOR trail bike.

I'm basically going to nick most of the parts of my Barracuda and stick em on this. Which will in turn allow me to give the 'Cuda a proper retro build.

How far did you get with the decals? I've had a quick look on the Gunnar website and it tells you how to remove them, how to fit new ones but not where to buy!

Love the simplicity of the frame too- the rim brake on the rear and simple track ends looks good imo

Going to try and keep the build nice and simple and am hoping to powdercoat the XMOs to match the frame. (They are yellow at the mo)

Just bought a set of magura hs12s, likely I will use a disc brake on the front though.

Ah well its gone back to the previous owner- turned out the rust on the chainstay was worse than I thought. I considered a repair (Kevin Winter is expecting it to arrive next week :oops: need to ring him on Monday lol ) but I think I have made the sensible choice and got out before it sucks all the money out of my pocket.

Anyway I shall have fun looking for something similar on ebay.com

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep nice and simple, it looked fantastic with no paint too-

I was really tempted to keep it and take the hit on the repair but they sell for under $200 on ebay.com so i'm gonna keep my eye out.;-)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back