Manitou HT Comp: The Dark Knight

Brad

BoTM Winner
Here I come with an other story... Concerning bikes... I love titanium ones, Cannondale ones (also because I used to work for them) and Manitou's...
Always loved these Manitou...

As a lot of us, I couldn't really afford them when they were available. Mainly because there were really expensive in France...

In 2006, i found a NOS frame in UK. I could get it for a good price at that time on eBay. I was a 95 HT Comp in black color...

dsc03076id2.jpg

dsc03077tj4.jpg

to talk about the specs to build it... The only part that I wanted on it for sure, was an Manitou EFC fork... for the rest I wanted to mix black, red and yellow/gold to match the fork...

But finally I decided to do not use the red color... doing more a "Batman" bike!!!

Concerning the parts, what may I have at home? A set of Spinergy Xtralite, a flite saddle with matching colors, IRC Mythos tires and etc...

Let's go with that and let's see the way it looks!!!

The wheels are OK, the saddle is OK too... The crank... I wanted to build a black AC that I have at home, but in fact I founded a nearly NOS set of Race Face arms in yellow color... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now a little bit more black on it...Let's find a Moby post and a Ringlé stem in black with yellow decals (it was for me the hardest part to find... nearly 4 years for it :? :? :? )

As you can see on that pic, the crank is build... I went for Look S2X pedals (the Look pedal are my favorite ones, nearly all my bikes are built with) :oops: :oops: :oops:
The shifters are GripShift SRT800 with Answer grips in yellow, the canti brakes are..... Tektro's in yellow powder finish, founded them by clicking on ebay once... not too expensive! but good looking. What pissed me off is that, few days after, I discovered a set of NOS Joe's canti in yellow color! I forgot to bid on them :( :( :(

Finish!!!!!!!!!!! The weight... 10,68kg including pedals! Not too bad, no???

Here are the final pics!!!

Hope you like it as I do... I think I will have some comments regarding my tire's choice but I didn't know where to build them, they have few yellow graphic and it's my choice anyway :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now that is just awesome. love those wheels but just goes together so well.

wouldnt mind seeing it with yellow tyres though, now that would look fantastic I expect. But to be honest love it as it is.

Like the bike, even the wheels but the white geax make it look cartoony, perhaps that's where the dark knight reference comes from?

Really like it! :cool:

Nice to see a 'dare to be different' build, the bikes with personality are the best!

vinnya77":1hni9qqi said:
Although don't like gripshift of any sort.
Me neither... was just to "match" the components togheter
As this bike will remain as a show bike, who cares... I'm afraid of breaking it :? :? :?

sylus":1hni9qqi said:
the white geax make it look cartoony, perhaps that's where the dark knight reference comes from?
hahahaha let's say that... Batman was one of my comics hero... But in fact the eax are ust fun on it :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back