And today I did......

Dropped my rims and hubs for the Pugs off at Wheelcraft :) Big build starting soon!

Rob its an experience! Ah hope you like strong coffee :LOL: see if you can get a peek in the loft.

Ive been once with Dyna-ti I got a couple of pairs of wheels tweaked/serviced by Al (which are still running sweet) and I did sample the coffee :shock: but didnt make it into the loft 'that time' ;)

dilemma today....

2013 is the year I intended to add a modern, full sus, all mountain machine to the shed..

took advice from macretro and looked into many options including the salsa spearfish, titus el guapo etc

after much deliberation I was heading towards canyon nerve AL 29er which just pipped the titus due to being ~5lb lighter... unfortunately neither are in stock, canyon is end of April, no word on the el guapo (in large) as yet

this week a lightly used, 9mth old yeti SB95 appeared in the second hand market, making it (close to) affordable...

made arrangements to meet the fella, however he's pulled the SB95 and is now offering a SB66 bought at the same time :shock: :shock:

so, do I deviate from my 29er intentions and go 26" ??

still achieving dreams of owning a yeti

I guess the proof will be in the pudding and I'll see how it goes tonight..

can't think of anything else now

RobMac":cxqw7mlt said:
'K' Im due them a visit this month as well ;)
Me an aw. Got those £10 rims from CRC and an old set of Sora hubs that I need built up as a spare set for the road bike (also possible start of CX bike).

Fancy a car pool? :D

Graeme - With the exception of scratching a retro itch, I think the only 26" wheeled bike I'd buy now would be a fat bike. If it were me, I'd be holding out for a 29er.

Even though I've not long ago put together a 26er I'd say the same as ZZ. 29er all the way. Is this for all day biking, big stuff/wee stuff etc? Another thing to think about is how much riding you'd be doing from now till April anyway.

thanks fellas, needed some validation from 29er riders that, that's the way to go

the now until April, doesn't really worry me (although I'm off to skye in March and potentially twice in April)

the bike is ideally for long rides on rough stuff, and hopefully a few big mountains

Still dont believe the 29ers are better than 26er bit but its a personal thing.
I like the lower rotational mass quicker acceleration bit of 26er. Suspension irons out the difference of 29er rigid over 26er. I admit though I like rigid 26, no helping me :roll:
Kaiser and ZZ are converts so they think its good but I feel the difference is too small. I'd go for Yeti 26er if you've always wanted one. In a few more months/years there will be even better 29ers available ;)
Oh and you cant really call a fat bike a 26er since tyre diameter is 29 or more .

Back