My road bikes, a collection of Italian steel

Ally":2kyfnobz said:
Can you elaborate on the fixed Rossin: why was it built with the drivetrain on the left?

At some point of the bike's life, someone has made new threads for the bottom bracket with metal inserts. I don't think the bike was used since, the inserts are the wrong way around. The threads are not Swiss or French or any other obsolete system, it seems to be just a mistake.

The frame was (surprisingly...) quite cheap, so when I figured out the situation with threads, I just decided to put the bike together with the driveside on the left. I swapped the axles of the pedals and used some threadlock where necessary. Not something I like to do, but I don't care too much because the bike is just a cheap beater, though IMO quite a nice looking one.

Lovely bike collection thank you for sharing it with us. As an owner of a Rossin I'm a bit biased but that TT Rossin is brilliant. I would have wanted one of those in the 80's when I was time trialling, but would love to ride it in a TT now, cant afford to buy it off you sadly. Don't sell unless you really have to, you'll regret it!

Rich34":5nbqv1n5 said:
Like the picture of the bike in your room with the tools on the carpet. Very "American Flyers"!

Wow, thanks for the movie recommendation. So much awesomeness, moustaches and US flags in one movie, I'm speechless.

Waiting for a new bike by the way, Columbus steel with 9-speed Shimano 105.

IMG_0002.jpg

And a treat for sunday: A picture of TUL cycling team from the '80's, the bike on the right might just well be mine.

Good evening,

Love the bikes - especially the Rossin. Would you happen to have pics of the TUL team's road Rossins? I am trying to identify a Rossin Prestige which i want to rebuild and the colours of the TT bike are similar to mine. I am clutching at straws but anything is worth a try.

Thanks,

Richard

TGR":3um7wt8i said:
I am trying to identify a Rossin Prestige which i want to rebuild and the colours of the TT bike are similar to mine. I am clutching at straws but anything is worth a try.

Thanks. Sorry but I don't have any more pictures of the road bikes. TUL was just a local sports team. I bet their bikes were just off the peg -frames, no special paint. A colour scheme like mine seems to be quite ordinary in Rossin's TT and pursuit "aero" frames.

Thanks, i ask anyone who might have any info at all. Have you an exact year that pic was taken?

Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?

TGR":z5ub8v81 said:
Thanks, i ask anyone who might have any info at all. Have you an exact year that pic was taken?

Nope, no idea. I'd say the TT-bike is from the early '80's. My educated guess is that your bike is quite a bit newer, from the early '90's. The decals are way newer etc. All the Prestiges I've come across have been made in the '90's.

Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with Rossin and they said early to mid 80's perhaps Mugella team bike - the 126 spacing would put it there but everything else seems to put it later - a mystery!!!

Thanks for you input

8434970893_4630cdd785_c.jpg

Latest addition. Afwul picture, I know.

8433004954_65d9a4c1f1_z.jpg

No markings on the top lug, internal rear brake cable.

8433613358_c55f8885f4_z.jpg

Vertical Columbus -dropouts and this cutout under the BB, has anyone got a clue about what brand the frame might be? Other clue is a "stud" to hold a pump behind the headtube.

Back