Columbus SLX Diameter

Hi Latman,

Any snow there?

When you say rifled, could you explain. I think i have heard this mentioned in relation to another frame i have. I would appreciate any info. HOw do you detect the rifling?

Thanks,

wish i was where you are!!

Rifling is internal spiralling of the tubes. You can feel it if you finger the seat tube from the bottom bracket (dirty boy!)

TGR":2z2s55wl said:
Hi Latman,

Any snow there?

When you say rifled, could you explain. I think i have heard this mentioned in relation to another frame i have. I would appreciate any info. HOw do you detect the rifling?

Thanks,

wish i was where you are!!

no snow as we have the reverse season of the northern hemishphere and summer has begun , some parts of southern Australia have 45 degree temperatures and bushfires , Where i live is only 30 ish degrees but more than 70% humidity , North of here is even more humid again !

Rain is nice when we get some , but then it just makes things more humid later :cry:

attached is some uncouth humour , look away if you are easily offended

Attachments

• australia (2).jpg
    australia (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 255
Re: plus 1

will911":2m7p2zow said:
R....plus 1 for 27.. a framebuilder told me that this happened sometimes as they used the wrong end of the seat tube when building the frame,!!!

I did that myself once. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The much more common reason for differences is potential distortion brought on by overheating or simple stress upon building.

Well, after some trial and error - the answer was 27!!! Thanks to all for the help - i am still looking for rifling!!!!

Thanks to Will who provided the selection box of posts.

TGR":3aeqyaev said:
Well, after some trial and error - the answer was 27!!! Thanks to all for the help - i am still looking for rifling!!!!

Thanks to Will who provided the selection box of posts.

look down the seat tube and the fork column with a torch. you should also be able to feel the rifling by poking a finger in the bb shell and up the fork from the shell end..

even SL has rifling at the bottom of the steerer tube , take off the front wheel and just look through the hole in the underside of the fork crown where the front brake bolt goes through.

Back