Raleigh Special Products 600 Titanium and Sid SLs

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
Here's my RSP 600, its a 1999 frame and is in quite simply stunning condition. I haven't been able to capture the quality of the paint on this, but it's an absolute gem. I saw one of these frames at Bike 1999 and fell in love with the colour scheme, after looking on Ebay for 5-6 years I eventually found this which had been built up into a bike as per my thread here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... h+rsp+1999

I stripped it down about a year or so ago as I was planning a full rebuild to standardish spec. Sadly a change in career (aka from job to no job) scuppered this and the frame and forks (which I had before) lingered in the shed.

I'll let the photo's speak for themselves, except to say that there are a few marks on the frame commensurate with a bike that has been ridden, albeit only three time by me and built up. There are a few scratches on the stickers and some paint marks where cables had rubbed. I will endeavor to get some better photos in due course.

The forks are 2001 Rock Shox Sid SL, they are in ok condition cosmetically and the main markings are on the stickers, The lockout doesn't work, there are no v-brake mounts and they could do with a service before use. The steerer is about 220mm. I'm also leaving the Magura Rond headset which comes with the crown race but no top cap as I can't find it, and the seat clamp which is just a cheapie but looks nice on the frame.

Stats are as follows:
1999 Raleigh RSP 600 18" frame
Hand built in Sheffield Timet Titanium
Hand painted stunning yellow with blue and red flame effect
Weighs about 3.5lbs with headset and seatclamp
Takes Disc or V-brake

I'm asking £300 posted (in the UK) for the lot.

Attachments

• IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0273.jpg
    IMAG0273.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0270.jpg
    IMAG0270.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMAG0265.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,549
Free Bump - as it is just GORGEOUS!
And if I hadn't had secured the same frame just before you offered it, this would've been mine!

When I sold my RSP I had it on here cheaper - better deal for the RBers.
But I also had it on eBay for more!

Another BUMP!
Quick Q. What size spindle on the bottom bracket on this please?

ibbz":1p56athk said:
Another BUMP!
Quick Q. What size spindle on the bottom bracket on this please?

:?:
Spindle (/axle) length depends on what cranks you want to use, nowt to do with the frame ... unless you're asking for the shell width?

The fork is 80mm, the frame originally came with an 80mm Sid, I'm not sure if it's designed to go up much above this but you could probably get away with 100mm and a short stem.

I'm not sure of the bb size I'm afraid mate sorry, I took the bike apart a while ago and the parts aren't where I am now. I'll drop you a pm when I'm next where the parts are. Off the top of my head I think it was 68mm

Thanks man.68 is shell size. I think around 110 to 112 mm would be ok . As spindle length does not depend upon crank size as some people erroneously believe.

Back