Wide bar upgrade?

The bike looks lovely...I'm going to get my SX panted in a similar colour in the next couple of months.

It's built up as a pretty hardcore bike by the looks of it ( Z1's, MTX rims, Saint cranks ). I'd most likely be better off with a lighter bike, but I love the SX too much...it's so much fun on the downhills, that lugging it around the rest of the is worth it.

Yes it's nice to have that reassuring feel downhill. Same here, it's too tough for me! Forgot to mention, lost 140 whole grams on the stem! Bonus. Will have to look up your sx and fleet... :D

Thanks Bertroot, It feels good, next test needs to be a longer run to proper gel with the set up and the most from it.
Mindmap, yes its nice to shed a bit of weight, takes me back to back in the day! I think it's under 30lbs just, but might not be!

That makes me feel better about my porky 32lb SX!

I'm keeping an eye on a coupl of these frames on eBay because I've discovered a crack.in the Tazer where the seat stays join the seat tube....exactly where Tazer were famous for cracking hence the later ones having a gusset. Gutted as its only been ridden a handful of times.

Thats strange you must have posted that while I was looking at the Tazer! :-S
Bad news. Yeah I'll have to weigh again and update my mothballed thread.

reanimation":ls60gpst said:
Thats strange you must have posted that while I was looking at the Tazer! :-S
Bad news. Yeah I'll have to weigh again and update my mothballed thread.

I did...I was in a boring meeting so was on my phone on here to ass te time!

update time....

I'm still getting to grips with the whole bike, had a lengthy ride round Gisburn for the first time yesterday. For mile munching and climbing, one size up may have been better its geometry isnt for climbing, though it will if you make it and have energy, but for everything else, maybe I got the frame size right. However Mindmap, you may have been right, it could have been the heavy forks and wheels or maybe not enough preload, but on jumps and stuff there was some front end dive, and its hard to lift the front a lot, so maybe I do need a shorter stem after all. It's not just lack of muscles too, Near the end of the ride a little more sit up posture would have helped the tiredness. Hmmm...

Do your forks have compression damping? That may help to stop the dive yet retaining the correct amount of sag. Failing that, to could always try mucking about with the oil levels or viscosity. Or just sell them to me!

I've not ridden my BFe properly yet because up until the other weekend I'd been preparing for a half marathon and now that's over the weather has gone poo again, but when I was mucking about on the road it felt quite poppy and easy to manual (although not as easy as the Tazer). Maybe it's time fora dinky stem?

Latest posts

Back