Recommend me some nice warm gloves

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thread Hi-Jack! (Sorry!)

I did tried motorcycle winter gloves fairly recently,but what to do with perspiration when cycling? They get wet more quickly than dry.
Any other solution than having two pairs?
(I know,shorter rides....:( ,but any other?)

I can get you a pair of these Neil, i use them and are comfy and warm.Full neoprene.

They retail at £29 now for 2013 but can get you a pair at nearly cost so about £16/17 ish.

Attachments

• coal1_b.jpg
    coal1_b.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 198
I'm rocking two pairs just now. One pair of thin full finger summer gloves under my sealskinz.

And my hands were cold as hell tonight even with that. Though it is -6 outside.

What kind of riding are they for ?
Just thinking that if its offroad where you need to operate controls and brakes quite a lot then fingered gloves are pretty much a given,though you'll always have the problem of them being warm too bulky to operate the controls easily :?
If its general faffing about commuting etc then have you considered lobster claws ? Its a 2 fingered glove so you keep fingers together and therefore warmer than standard 4 fingered gloved without the same bulk.

In the 90's Specialized sold a lobster claw glove made of neoprene,not waterproof though it did take a bit of time[for the water to soak through] but that didnt matter because they were so bloody warm.
I might still have them around though theyre likely to be tatty as hell as i was using them sailing for a few years.

Took a google look and found a good link for winter glove recommendations.The Spesh ones are featured in it an rate 8/10 :cool:
http://www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/club ... ndex.shtml

Added bonus- You can pretend to be a Penguin :D

These gloves are part of their offroad range but also part of their snow mobile range as they make kit for snow mobiling as well kit for the Swedish and Norwegian military!So they make some pretty good shit :LOL:

I bought some planetX thinsulate gloves a few weeks ago.
I didn't realise how good they are, till I didn't put them back on toady after stopping to blow up a tyre. My hands were freezing without the gloves.
Can't remember which ones they are but they are the sub 10 quid babies.

My only problem is how they size gloves, I measured my little hands and they are 20cm and 21cm, which should be medium, but large are a bit tight!

Just ridden to work in -5 air temps (frosty beard, frozen hair, comedy eyebrows etc) with some Peter Storm Thinsulate gloves I remembered I had in the back of the cupboard - toasty all the way in despite a thick layer of frost from the freezing fog.

Given that I was riding a bike I had built for winter riding (longer gear levers) they were pretty good.

In the rain, I would give them a quick spray of water repellent.

I think these are still available at Millets/ Blacks

Back