OMG just how much did I want one of these bitd

I had one of these via a traded in bicycle and most of one months wages in 1988. It was ancient but unrestricted so could reach an indicated 50mph if given a long enough run up and lots of gravity like a long steep hill, but then the brakes couldn't cope :LOL:
Also had a Tomos, a Honda Novio and finally a Yamaha DT50MX. Mopeds are great :cool:
Wanted an Aprilia RS50 or one of the geared Tomos MX bikes but that was never going to happen but a Kawasaki AR50 would have been nice if very cramped for a six footer :roll:

velomaniac":h21msz1g said:
I had one of these via a traded in bicycle and most of one months wages in 1988. It was ancient but unrestricted so could reach an indicated 50mph if given a long enough run up and lots of gravity like a long steep hill, but then the brakes couldn't cope :LOL:
Also had a Tomos, a Honda Novio and finally a Yamaha DT50MX. Mopeds are great :cool:
Wanted an Aprilia RS50 or one of the geared Tomos MX bikes but that was never going to happen but a Kawasaki AR50 would have been nice if very cramped for a six footer :roll:

This is bringing back such memories, My foster bro had the Yamaha DT50, I had the FS1E and before he could ride a CB400 my older brother had a Honda C90. I remember us all taking our machines apart, drinking tea out of grease laden mugs that did not get washed between drinks :) I never did progress though to anything bigger than the fizzy, I learnt to drive and got a 2CV :D

Alison

IMG06-14m.jpg

I had this trusty old girl for years. A Honda CB50 which I upgraded with MB-5 wheels, fork, swingarm and shocks.

She was getting old and worn, and I was collecting all the parts for a full-on rebuild when the filth confiscated and crushed her because she was too fast.
(by law, a 50cc may not be capable of reaching speeds in excess of 28 MPH here, she did 39)

Great engines, these old Hondas. Even after all those years she fired up on the first try even when she was covered in snow and ice. I only needed 2 fingers on the kickstarter too.

It's been 6 years now, and I still miss her. Seriously thinking about getting the 125cc version though ...

I started with a Honda SS50, I fell in love with the exhaust! :) Followed by a KH250 the best smelling 2 stroke on the planet :) Then a CBR600 :)

Now I'm restoring a 1969 BSA Bantam D14/4, hope to have that up and running for the summer :)

I bought a brand new honda mbx 80 for my first and my last was a vtr 1000. the best was my 600 ninja and suzuki dr400s. the worst for riding was my fireblade (rrv) and the most un reliable was my trophy 1200.
I did have an x7 with microns that was awesome going to chelsea bridge/heston services on a friday night but the front sprocket kept falling off due to a rounded output shaft but good fun when it went.

I had an X7 aswell, kept suffering fuel blockeges and dropping to one cyclinder but when it was on song it was the bawz as we say up here :cool:

a bit off topic perhaps but i saw,heard and smelt a caff racerised Norton going through Bridport yesterday. mmm.......yes!
proper 1950/60's single with a hideous looking riding position.
worth it though just for the Castrol "R" he was burning in the petrol.i

Back