1997 Marin Bob Cat Trail

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
My dad bought this bike brand new, He has done over 10.000 steady miles on it, when He finally made His mind up to buy a new bike at the end of last year He gave me the Marin. I stuck to a tight budget of £30 for the rebuild using a lot of parts from stock that stood me at nothing, it has brought it back to life and looks well for a 15 year old bike, I know the spec is very basic but it does the job and it is always a joy to strip a greasy seized up old bike and bring it back to life and then get out and ride it for the cost of 30 quid. :D :D :D

I will be riding this bike on the Ravenscar ride, ideal with the scwalbe land cruiser centre ridge tyres

Attachments

• DSCF1962 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1962 [800x600].jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,545
  • DSCF1963 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1963 [800x600].jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,544
  • DSCF1959 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1959 [800x600].jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,544
Better get the polish out on the E3 again then , who's gonna win the shiniest bike at the start of the ride !.
Looks good Stu

grand! looks like you got a 3sp shifter sorted ;)

the spec on that is as good as anything for my reckoning, the alu bobcat is a go anywhere do anything machine. suspension corrected too incase you wanna bang some shocks on it.

cheers.

marc two tone":3jbj3gig said:
grand! looks like you got a 3sp shifter sorted ;)

the spec on that is as good as anything for my reckoning, the alu bobcat is a go anywhere do anything machine. suspension corrected too incase you wanna bang some shocks on it.

cheers.

Got the shifter from crc Marc, looking at the pics my camera is playing u p :(

Well my Dad bought the Bob Cat Trail and I bought the Palisades Trail at the same time, back in July 1997 from Hargreaves cycles in Dewsbury, I can guarantee it is a 97 :D

slmracing":pklztkux said:
retrocomeback":pklztkux said:
Very nice indeed, but I'm pretty certain the 97 Bobcat was steel framed with a bluey green paint job? Here's the 97 catalogue http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...Marin+Catalogue+1997/26+Bobcat+Trail.jpg.html

would a 97 bike have cantilever brakes ?

Yes, almost certainly. V brakes were only just coming on to the market at that point in time. Looking closely at your bike it almost looks like a 97 Palisades yet clearly has yellow Bobcat decals, now I'm really confused! :LOL:

Back